Unused Zones

Damn nice panels except I still haven't gotten the hang of adding wireless

Reply to
Mark Leuck
Loading thread data ...

Give it a few more weeks/months and check out the Concord v4, easiest large panel to program I've ever worked with

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Ademco's/Honeywell's

I partly disagree, the Networx has more available zone types although wireless to me is far easier to program on the Ademco panel, I can also program one output to do 24 different things on the Vista-20P whereas only 1 function per output on the Networx, also scheduling is better on the V20P, I also like the graphics keypads from Ademco, haven't seen what they are working on yet from GE

The wireless for the Networx panels seem too "grafted on" and doesn't tell you anything while programming, if they could somehow add the learning process from the Concord series onto the Networx panels then it'd be killer. It's even more confusing with the upcoming NX-148RF keypad since you also have to know the address of the keypad to be able to program the RF receiver although they may change that before release.

Only thing I wish Honeywell would do is take a lot of the added functions of the 15P/20P and add them to the higher end panels such as configurable zones, its a pain in the ass not to be able to do what you want with the semi-limited zone types available on the higher end Honeywell panels., I'm sure they are working on that tho

Reply to
Mark Leuck

how many people cross zone though? :-)

Anyway, i was thinking for the GE more in the line of the Aliance Control panels, as they are supposed to integrate into alot of graphical home automation keypads, as well as their facility commander etc ..? I havent looked through it in a while though.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

I saw the Aliance stuff at ISC 2 years ago and haven't heard much about it since, you'd think they wouldn't create a new panel when they already have the Advent.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I agree with you about the wireless, it could be much easier to program... But it's very reliable, haven't had any problems out of their wireless when it comes to range and battery consumption... I don't agree with you about the 20P, that panel has several limitations, one I happened to stumble onto by accident... The processor in the 20P only has one timer (Honeywell tech support admitted that) for things like entry/exit delay, cross zone time, etc. etc... I found out the hard way, when you trip a delay door and walk past two cross zoned motions, you generate an interior alarm... There's "NO" fix for this, you can't program the interior follower zones with a delay and cross zone them. If you do, (according to the manual and Tech support) this can cause the panel to operate in an unpredictable fashion... Yes, you're right about the output relays, just don't get to many things happening at one time on the 20P :-))

Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.