Synchronization Of Strobe lights

Should I hook up a sync module to strobe lights installed in a residential single family home? The lights will not be anywhere near each other.

Reply to
warrenshudson
Loading thread data ...

No. It's not necessary.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

As long as you can not see any of the other strobes the sync module is not needed this goes for commercail as well. some horns auto sync as well which eliminates using the sync module as well.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

I beleive its specified in 101 that when multiple strobes are within a

110-degree field of view they are required to be synchronized regardless of occupancy classification.
Reply to
Beau Skeen

NFPA 72 and 101 are vague with regard to synchronizing visible notification appliances installed in SLEEPING ROOMS. Likewise, IBC/IFC and ICC A117.1 are equally vague. Even the newest proposed version of ADAAG references NFPA 72, which I submit is vague.

In my opinion, the RULE is that strobe lights are not required to be synchronized. The EXCEPTION is to synchronize MORE THAN 2 strobe lights that may be within an occupant's field of view (135 degrees - see NFPA 72-2002 A.7.5.4.1.2(3)). That is THREE OR MORE strobes within the same field of view may be required to be synchornized.

Best regards,

Mike

-- Michael B. Baker, SET Michael Baker & Associates, Inc. PO Box 737 Gladstone, OR 97027-0737

503-657-8888 v 503-655-1014 f ET News(r)
formatting link
Reply to
Michael Baker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.