SMS or text ??

OK I am looking for a way to send text or SMS messages to phones or computer emails when conditions change but that I do not need to bother the operators at central station with. Most people do not carry pagers any more and this is more for maintenance issues , Filters need changed tanks need filled Etc.than urgent need . where they could text into a phone or email at night and be checked in morning.

Is there any type of program or box etc which can be set on internet which can get these triggers and then send text to multiple numbers. and is there a way to do it dial up where cable or fios internet is not available.

I have a couple Uplink 2500 doing it now but im limited to 2 numbers and 4 inputs.

Thinking on the line of something you would use on a mass notification system but less complex and expensive

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

If you can get one voice-mail, email, or SMS out, Google Voice can relay SMS and email to a whole bunch of contacts in real-time.

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan

By the way, those terms are synonymous.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Thanks never gave skype a thought will check it out.

Reply to
nick markowitz

I never mentioned Skype. I mentioned Google Voice.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Sorry another friend mentioned skype as well.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Hey tried google voice works great set up an old 4 channel voice dialer. to dail it and it converts it to sms thanks

Reply to
nick markowitz

Glad it worked... Not bad for free, huh?

Play with GV, it's quite powerful. It's like a little PBX.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Overkill perhaps, but this widget would probably work:

formatting link
// Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.