7845i and Total Connect

When using the Vista 20P with 7845i and a Total Connect monitoring service, is it possible to receive text messages for low priority faults (e.g. outdoor PIR for front door delivery) while the system is armed and away? In other words, create a two tiered system where I receive text messages for outdoor events and the CS is notified for indoor alarms?

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser
Loading thread data ...

Yes you could assuming the outdoor PIR is programmed not to set off the rest of the system

Reply to
mleuck

The 24 hr montior zone is handy for that

Reply to
nick markowitz

Thanks, I'll review the zone documentation for 24 hr. None of my outdoor sensors should ever send an alarm to the CS, but they could be an indication that a breakin is about to occur, so I want a text message to alert me so I can review cameras and take action if needed. Thanks again.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

The "foil scratched" zone? lol... That's what I learned they were for the first time I asked. Many moons ago by an old-timer.

Reply to
G. Morgan

No it wouldn't, it would trigger the panel send an E150 auxiliary panic alarm, he's better off with a type 23 No Alarm Response

Reply to
mleuck

Your right the 23 type would be better and have it trigger a chime,relay etc. the 24 hr ones I use at radio station to alert me to non burg issues which need attention like tower lights out, low or high temps ,etc. very handy zone.

Reply to
nick markowitz

I want the outdoor PIRs to chime and I don't think zone type 23 will chime, even if added to the 03 chime list. Is there a way to program a zone to chime and never trigger an alarm (without resorting to bypass when the alarm is set)? Panel is Vista 20P.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Easy to do by creating a custom zone

Reply to
mleuck

Thanks! I'll review the documentation for custom zones.

Best, Christopher

Reply to
Christopher Glaeser

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.