IntelliSense FlexGuard FG-1508

Anyone using these? It's a glassbreak with a built-in door contact. I pulled one out of a binky install. Any good?

Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

They false too much.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I've only got 8 out in the field...for abt 2 years or so...no problems.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

How are you using them? Hi or lo sensitivity? Do they work ok mounted on the wall above the door/window, or do they need to point toward the glass? I was thinking resi sliding glass doors. Sentrol used to(maybe still) make a combo unit that was real slick. Came with a bracket in case you wanted to mount it at 90 degrees. I stopped using those because of false alarms caused by barking dogs.

js

Reply to
alarman

The door contact works fine. The problem is that particular glassbreak is too sensitive. It can false from someone lightly knocking on the door. OTOH, IntelliSense' other glass break detectors are extremely good.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

We used thousands of FG1500 series glass breaks on our own installations as well as DIY sales for many years. The FG1508 was the only one that caused lots of problems. In both high and low sensitivity it falsed too often. Fortunately, only on our own installations did we use the FG1508. Of about 30 or 40 of that model that we installed, I replaced about 90% of them. We now sell between 150 and 200 FG1600 series glass break detectors a month. I rarely hear of any issues related to them.

One of the best designs yet is the FG-1625RFM (Round Flush Mount). The detector fits in a small hole in the sheetrock with only a white disc about the size of a silver dollar showing. They work well and have a WAF approaching unity.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

We took the system over and they were already there and seemed to work fine as they were. They are mounted on windows and 2 sliding doors (aluminum frame jobs). I don't remember what they were set at, my guess would be; Low. You'd probably have a problem if the sliding doors had plastic vane vertical blinds that may brush up against them or something llike that.

I remember those Sentrols, I think they were a version of Shatterpro piezos with built in switches. I still have a bunch of them out there...problem was if the switch fried then you'd end up with a separate switch anyway.

I'm partial to FG730's, Sentrol 5820 (drill hole plop it in..bang done), and IEI 550 (still)...and a couple of others I can't remember now.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I've got several FG-701's, thank you. The unit does not have a trim-pot for sensitivity, only hi & lo. They false too much on either setting, smart-ass.

Reply to
G. Morgan

From your perspective he probably does seem smart. Then again, from your perspective Olson seems knowledgeable and Jiminex is downright kindly. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thats impossible, Graham says they false too much

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It's all in how/where you install/adjust them, for that you need a rocket scientist.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Ayyy-yup.

js

Reply to
alarman

In that case you're SOL.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Well it does explain why you had so many problems with them

Reply to
Mark Leuck

rbl is a rocket scientist alright, pocket rocket.

Reply to
Joe

Satellite Of Love? Robt, man you gotta get over these feelings you're having towards men, dude.

Reply to
Joe

ROFL!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

So you admit you're spaced out.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.