Why didn't you install my alarm when promised?

Many moons ago, I worked for an alarm company which specialized in

*extremely* concealed wiring for home systems.

We had a new install job where the customer left us the key to his house, then went away on a trip. We spent a week installing his system while he was away. Then left the system un-armed as he did not know his code, how to use it, etc.

When the customer returned from his trip, he called the office and was quite pissed off. He said "Why didn't you install my alarm when you said you would? I just came home and not a thing has been done."

We assured him we *did* install his system and spent a week doing it. He called us a bunch of liars! So we went out and placed the system in audible test mode, then had him open various doors and windows. The buzzer would stop each time he opened a door or window. He was amazed! He then wanted us to show him where the contacts and wiring were and how we did it.

When we installed the contacts in the windows, there was dust and dead bugs at the bottom of the windows. We cleaned this stuff away, installed the contacts and wiring, then added glue over that, then sprinkled dust back over the whole works along with a few dead bugs every here and there. So you could not tell there were any contacts or wiring. Looked like the window had not been touched in years!

Reply to
Bill
Loading thread data ...

You glued the dust and bugs back? Sounds a tad retentive to me.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Bzzzzzt!

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Hey,,, I'm pretty retentive when I do an install, I'll even vacuum the entire house...but glue the bugs and spiderwebs back? shit no.

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You put the dust and dead bugs BACK???

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Everytime I read that I just crack up laughing all over again.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

It'll be even funnier when the homeowner tries cleaning the bottom of the window someday and finds it's all glued to the frame

Reply to
Mark Leuck

and boy will he be pissed that he can't clean them up!

| >

| > ********************************** | > > You put the dust and dead bugs BACK??? | > ********************************** | >

| >

| > Everytime I read that I just crack up laughing all over again. | | It'll be even funnier when the homeowner tries cleaning the bottom of the | window someday and finds it's all glued to the frame | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

You guys don't actually believe he did that, do you?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

We can't actually believe you told people how to defeat an alarm system, but then again seeing (your post) is believing.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.