Safewatch Pro 2000

Ok, I was doing a search a while ago trying to find out how to disable a door sensor and put a motion in its place. I found someone had said to put in a code and go from there, after powering off the unit. I did as it said, now there is nothing on the display. It's just used as a local. Any ideas or help? TIA

The code is as follows:

press 1 & 3 at the same time

press 16*

press * # together

press #20

Reply to
Tim Taylor
Loading thread data ...

inline

*16* sets the keypad address for the keypad you are working on.

| | press * # together | | press #20

all this does is read out the installer code if you can see the installer code then you're ok to program the panel - if you did not see anything after *# then the panel is locked. To be more clear...upon power up after hitting *# the display should say 20, then push #20 to read out the installer code.

IF you were able to get to the installer code then change it to something you want...

*20 1234 beep (that would change it to 1234...the beep tells you it was accepted)

now you have to go to *56...but you *need* a programming keypad to get there (6139 or 6160) then you can follow along in the programming manual and find the old zone you want to change..you'll change the zone type to 04.

have you changed to wiring yet?

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thanks flash. I wasn't real sure what that code was going to do for me, but I did find out. I'm completely out of service. When I hold the 1 and 3 down, the display will come up 16. When I push anything else it goes blank. I guess I've really screwed this one up. I couldn't get the installer code BTW. Changed to wiring?? Aint following you there.

Reply to
Tim Taylor

While it is likely that your system needs its keypad to be at address

16, it may be an older one and will like 31 better.

In order to change that you have to press 1 & 3 within 30 seconds of applying power to the keypad.

Easiest way is just like you did it the first time only use 31 instead of 16.

holding down the * # keys has to be done within 50 seconds of applying power to the system. So you will probably have to go through the "power off... power on" sequence a few times.

Good Luck

Reply to
JoeRaisin

ALL RIGHT!!!!! That took care of the problem, changing to 31. Now I guess what I *REALLY* need to find is an installer manual before I get messing around too much. It's a bit different than phone systems, that's what I do for a living. I've found out manuals can be your friend, Thanks Joe and Crash! I really appreciate the help!

Reply to
Tim Taylor

Deeper and deeper!

Reply to
G. Morgan

Whatcha meaning?

Reply to
Tim Taylor

He means; STOP. Without a programming sheet you may wank out the system and never be able to figure out what you did.

| >>

| >>Good Luck | >

| >

| > Deeper and deeper! | >

| >

| > -- | >

| > -Graham | > (remove the double e's to email) | | Whatcha meaning? | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If you didn't get an installer code your dead in the water.

| >

| > *16* sets the keypad address for the keypad you are working on. | >

| > | | > | press * # together | > | | > | press #20 | >

| > all this does is read out the installer code if you can see the installer | > code then you're ok to program the panel - if you did not see anything | > after *# then the panel is locked. To be more clear...upon power up after | > hitting *# the display should say 20, then push #20 to read out the | > installer code. | >

| > IF you were able to get to the installer code then change it to something | > you want... | > *20 1234 beep (that would change it to 1234...the beep tells you it was | > accepted) | >

| > now you have to go to *56...but you *need* a programming keypad to get | > there | > (6139 or 6160) | > then you can follow along in the programming manual and find the old zone | > you want to change..you'll change the zone type to 04. | >

| > have you changed to wiring yet? | | | Thanks flash. I wasn't real sure what that code was going to do for me, but | I did find out. I'm completely out of service. When I hold the 1 and 3 down, | the display will come up 16. When I push anything else it goes blank. I | guess I've really screwed this one up. | I couldn't get the installer code BTW. | Changed to wiring?? Aint following you there. | | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Sometimes when I (and we regulars) try to help a homeowner with programming, one thing leads to another and both parties realize it might have not been a great idea to start the dialogue. I'm not saying this was true in your case.

I stopped answering all but the simplest of programming questions because of that. It's funny watching the guy who got sucked into it though.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Oh, not to worry. The guy that installed it is coming by when he gets back from vacation. I just didn't want to call him while he was umm, drinking. I had left him a voice mail. Don't worry, I'm going no farther. Thanks again guys.

Reply to
Tim Taylor

Ok, I understand. In my business it's the same way. You all don't have to worry about any more questions. My buddy that installed it is on vacation and I didn't want to bother him. He's coming by when he gets back. I thought I could do it without his help. But... Thanks again for the help.

Reply to
Tim Taylor

I did find the installer code, but as I said in a previous response, it aint going no farther.

Reply to
Tim Taylor

no problem.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.