Rumor about GE

Rumor about GE? I heard an interesting tale from a source about GE. The buzz was that GE was unhappy with its security division and was looking to sell. I don't know if that was just one part of the security picture or the whole thing. To me it sounded like GE wanted to get rid of all of it from the way this person was talking. Comments from higher up the food chain said the purchase of the security division was a "mistake". I guess it would be a mistake if you purchased more than three separate access control companies all at once and then ran at least two of them into the ground.

Reply to
Just Looking
Loading thread data ...

It wouldn't be surprising would it?!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Just as they ran ITI into a brick wall also. We'll be lucky they spin it off- tales of the "Borg" killing the golden goose.

Just Looking wrote

Reply to
secure15

How do you figure that?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Could very well be. Jack Welch, the former head of GE, believed that every GE business unit needed to be first or second in its market, or else face being spun off or closed. Welch is gone, but that attitude may persist.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

I heard a rumor that GE is planning to keep the security division going. According to my unnamed source they're developing a dealer-direct program which will eliminate sales to all other dealers. There is buzz that they plan to start selling online to DIYers as well. Then again, maybe it's just a rumor. Maybe that's two rumors started in the same thread (not exactly an ASA first).

Reply to
Robert L Bass

The genesis of this information was from a source that has been in the industry for some time. The person was offering the information "as is". It wasn't a slam, or an effort to promote something else at GE's expense. It seems the information came from feelers GE put out there looking for buyers. Perhaps all that was misunderstood by someone or is overblown a bit by this source. If GE did bail it would make a difference to the industry.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Well they would certainly be at least 2nd behind Honeywell

I meet with GE people all the time, they've never said anything about this

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Which niece told you this?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

The only employees at GE likely to know about this would be the ones in charge of selling off whole divisions. That would be an elite rare few I suspect. Of course there is the chance that there is the odd employee that can purchase whole divisions. That would be an even rarer bird I suspect.

Reply to
Just Looking

Of course those are the only ones you deal with, which is how you heard about it.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Not likely. I d>

Reply to
Just Looking

"Just Looking" a écrit dans le message de news:

47b62534$0$17336$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

you are all wrong...

its bAss, he decided that he wont promote there stuff in his next PR: post ,so there sales will go so low that it will affect there bottom line in such a way that they will have to sell the security devision..

Reply to
Petem

Umm yea okay

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.