Rough estimate for...

Hello,

I could use a frame of reference to evaluate upcoming bids on a fairly basic residential monitored system. I know every install is different and prices vary across geography, but might anyone be willing to give me an idea of what equipment they'd recommend and roughly what they might charge (installation & monthly) for this solution:

- Panel supporting wireless, no need for X10 or cell or pager support

- Transformer, existing outlet next to panel mounting area

- Currently POTS with easy access, cable or FIOS telephony in future

- Battery backup

- Integrated or wireless siren

- Two wireless keypads

- One wireless smoke detector

- One wireless sensor for typical main entry door

- One wireless sensor for typical sliding glass door (one pane slides)

- One pet immune (cats) wireless motion detector

- One wireless pendant/portable panic button

- 6 wireless window sensors

- One to three year monitoring & warranty/service contract

- Something that could be taken over down the road

I'm sure many would suggest at least some wired components, but discussing the above would be most helpfull. Thank you.

Reply to
BlueTape
Loading thread data ...

Go to ADT's website under Residential you can configure an entire system there and get a price (without submitting anything to them) I'm not recommending them...just pointing out a very easy way to see what prices are...and they'll be pretty close - site unseen.

BTW...I've never met a wireless keypad that's worth a damn.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I actually tried that, but did not find a way to price a system that matches what I described. I even went through the advisor, which always seemed to recommend one or more things I didn't want (key fobs and wired sensors for example) and not enough of the things I need (sensors for vulnerable windows). Then I ran into some server side errors and pretty much gave up.

Could you elaborate on that?

Reply to
BlueTape

GE makes some good ones but they are about it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

don't forget the AT&T 8000 KP

Reply to
newb

I can and he's right with most brands, Honeywell's 5828 and 5839 keypads are borderline junk, DSC used to make the WLS910 which wasn't bad but is long discontinued. Napco doesn't make one at all

GE does make a couple of decent ones for the Simon

Reply to
Mark Leuck

ADT would be about 1100.00 with wired keypads and 36.00+ p/m (depends on your rating) for 3-5 years. Expect to pay a little more from a smaller company, but probably a lot less per month for monitoring and better service.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yeah, He means they "SUCK", A.K.A. Don't work well, perform poorly, etc. etc...

Reply to
Russell Brill

They were awsome but unfortunatly no longer made

Reply to
Mark Leuck

:-) js

Reply to
Buggs

Thanks for all the replies. Regarding wireless keypads, are there any specific features (good or bad) to be on the lookout for?

Reply to
BlueTape

Yeah... Watch out for the ones that look like a TV remote. The wife will try and try, and wind up chuckin' the sucker at you. Which ain't so bad though as the "you couldn't install a toaster if your life depended on it" comment that follows.

Reply to
Frank Olson

What... and forgo countless opportunities to say "honey, could you arm the TV please?".

Reply to
BlueTape

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.