Robert L. Bass

This message is being sent as a warning to anyone that may conduct business with Robert L. Bass. Robert resells via basshomeelectronics.com and basshome.com (amongst others). Robert was helpful on the phone pre-sale, however once the order was received it was found to be missing several items. In addition, three-day express shipping was paid for, this of course was not delivered upon because Robert's "Warehouses" are simply other vendors who he orders from on your behalf and has shipped direct to you via standard shipping.

I of course have tried over the past several few months to reach Robert by telephone (as he instructed I should do if I have a problem) and email, however I have been ignored. He will not even work with the BBB to mediate a resolution.

The following link is demonstrative of Roberts behavior as a "professional".

formatting link
absolute embarrassment to all security retailers who sit back and let this thief operate amongst you.

Robert Bass's business practicies are tantamount to theft. My failure to investigate who I conduct business with was my mistake. Are you a thief Robert Bass? Your conduct is your mistake.

Reply to
Richard
Loading thread data ...

this is usenet. nobody 'lets' anyone post in this or any newsgroup. we couldn't stop him if we tried.

I'm surprised you didn't have any red flags pop up after perusing this newgroup for any length of time.

I am sorry for your experience.

Reply to
plug

Checking my records there is no purchase since 1992 from anyone using your email address. If you want to speak to me, my number is 941-866-1100. I'm available most weekdays from 10:00 am until at least 6:00 PM (EST). Customer service is available at the same number.

If you're not just one of the idiot installers using another alias and pretending to be a customer, kindly contact me or supply a real identity. It's pretty much impossible to offer service when you post anonymously.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I am not going to post in a newsgroup using my usual email address, due to spam. You are absolutely LAUGHABLE , Bass. Your record with the BBB speaks for itself. Your record with me is only beginning. The idea that at this point you intend on providing some level of customer support is rediculous. Respond to voicemails, emails and BBB complaints to date and then you can play "Honest Bob" in here.

Reply to
sonetring

Because you're not my customer and you never were. You're just another Olson alias. Nice try, moron!

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Heh. If you care to check his headers and perform a Trace Route on the originating IP, you'll find the last hop is the Chicago area. That's in a state called Illinois which happens to be... Oh... 2000 miles from here. Not that that matters to you, of course.

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

originating IP, you'll

which happens to

Reply to
coord

Hmmmmm.... was a valid email address in 1992? I don't think so, liar.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Good catch, Graham.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Posted anonymously through Google. Many customers have complained about Robert. The last one that filed a formal complaint with the BBB was also able to provide his order number and other details which confirmed his legitimacy.

Regards, Frank (No, not that "Frank". The other one.)

Reply to
FIRETEK

"Gmail.com" may have been a valid domain in 1992. Has anyone bothered checking?

Regards, Frank (No, not that "Frank". The other > > > >

Reply to
FIRETEK

Why bother? Has Bass ever "bothered checking" the so called "multiple aliases" he says I post under? Frank, you can't have a reasonable discussion (or advocate for Peace) with an individual like Robert that:

1. Thinks an "on topic" post to this Newsgroup can include megabytes of HTML and a complete catalogue of his online store;
  2. Frequently posts nonsense about legitimate alarm installers and Dealers being "anti-DIY";
  3. Misrepresents his own expertise and experience in order to make himself appear more legitimate/knowledgable.

Robert has repeatedly demonstrated that he has but one agenda here. He's self-serving, egotisical, and has demonstrated an utter contempt for our industry, Florida State Law, and ethics.

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Created on..............: 1995-Aug-13. Expires on..............: 2014-Aug-12. Record last updated on..: 2006-Apr-10 16:26:14.

Reply to
G. Morgan

will the idiot installer that was suposed to do rlb customer support please stand up and take the heat because poor old rlb shouldn't be subjected to this humiliating treatment do to your lack of professionalism and plain old not doing your job! Notice how it's always asa's fault when rlb gets nailed in usenet for his actions?

Reply to
Frank3

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.