Slanging matches on this forum.

I joined this group a couple of weeks ago to get some advice abt Wireless alarm systems. Thankfully, I got some decent posts from decent people.

However, I am put off with the personal slanging matches about Bass and Mugford (and others?) and their 'personal history'. WHO CARES??

Isn't the purpose of groups such as this to impart useful information to those who request it? If you people insist on continuing your stupid arguments over a public forum, set up your one new forum to do it in instead. Don't haijack this forum to make your own petty poiints at each other.

The lot of you sound like primary grade girls and truthfully speaking, so called 'adults' should know better!

Reply to
shipmanagement
Loading thread data ...

Thanx for the response there Norm. Seems that my post was perhaps justified. I'm not interested in what has happened in the past between you / Bass / others and you guys have to ask yourselves if a lot of others that browse or post on this group do too.

Note the description of this board:

Description: Discussion of Home/Business/Vehicle security alarms.

Not arguments about who deserves what and why or who did what in the past. I posted on this forum for useful advice - not a brief history of your arguments every time I come and take a look!

As for the planet query. Not yours or Bass's, that's for sure.

Reply to
shipmanagement

I'm sorry, but your post appears to be off topic, please refer to the "description of this board" and post accordingly. I'm not interested in your opinion on slanging matches or anything else that is not relevant to the groups stated purpose and you have to ask yourself if a lot of others that browse or post on this group are interested either.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

the mudslinging is also off topic...and annoying to most viewers...but it ain't gonna stop.

sometimes it's entertaining though.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Sorry Doug L. Your comments directed at me there? You've effectively repeated just what I said, re description of board and stated purpose etc.

If your criticizing me, then perhaps similar posts from yourself should be directed to those who keep using this board as a public place to sort out their disagreements.

Ref other people being interested? Perhaps for pure entertainment value, but certainly not for securing useful information or tips ref "Discussion of Home/Business/Vehicle security alarms". IE Stated purpose of board.

Reply to
shipmanagement

QED!

Btw 'RLB' ??

Reply to
shipmanagement

I'm not criticizing you or anyone else, my comments are tongue in cheek and are directed at the absurdity or maybe even the irony of a thread (and all those, myself included that participate in it) that simultaneously complains about off topic disagreements at the same as engaging in them.

I didn't think I'd have to explain that

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

(Nods in agreement)

Sorry Doug, missed the tone of your post there.

Paul

Reply to
shipmanagement

Hello....what planet you from....... We only bash those that deserve it...... Mr. Bass deserves it.....if you were a regular on here, you would understand. Don't stand up and try to make a point, when you don't know what you're talkin about.....

Norm Mugford

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Here allow me to help get Doug's message across.... What Doug meant to say was ........... Shut your f****ng piehole we don't care if the board isn't to your liking. You came here to mooch advice, and now you know who's decent and who isn't? What's the criteria? Only those that responded to you are decent? Listen porkchop, this board is frequented by people who get PAID to work, not sidewalk Santas handing out free treats, and if you don't like the mudslinging with your free helping of advice then saddle up your pony and ride your monkey ass to other pastures.

Now as I said earlier I was only helping you understand Doug's message. As for my opinion? Well, I prefer to remain neutral.

Reply to
no wires showing

The stated purpose of this board is "discussion of RLB" and "slanging anyone and everyone" that posts here. You've obviously missed the change in the Group's FAQ. Alarms and security systems have nothing to do with RLB (or this Group), so please stop asking questions about them.

;-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

snipped-for-privacy@uk2.net wrote:

For your information, you don't "join" a Usenet Newsgroup, despite the fact that the use of the word "group" in Newsgroup entices one to think that it is actually a group to join. In reality, you post and inquiry, opinion or resoponse and wait and see what kind of response you're going to get. No one actually cares whether you're here or not. And, no one actually cares ....... what you care. You make your observations, choose to comment or not and then just sit there and see what comes back at you. If you disagree with the response and you're moved to do so, you can continue to engage with others who oppose your opinions. If you've come here with the inclination of thinking that the rules for behavior are the same here as they are in real life, ........ you're mistaken. I made the same mistake a long time ago. However, Robert Bass set me straight when he said that it was his goal to do what ever he chose to do here and that no one runs this group or could tell him what was proper or acceptable behavior. He's continued to follow those rules, regardless of the consequenses. He continues to follow that rule and ......... you know what? In real life, if someone doesn't follow the acceptable rules of social engagement, one way or another, that individual is "expelled" from the "group" Here ( in Usenet) there isn't any way to "expell" someone who is disagreeable or a source of turmoil. Yes, as done to him in another group that he used to disrupt, years ago, ignoring him would eliminate the objectionalbe dialog you are protesting, but it would not stop him from making disparaging remarks about installers and installation companys...... not stop him from stealing information that is posted here and claiming it as his own. It would not stop him from posting durogatory comments on a competitors website under an assumed name. It wouldn't stop him from lying about people here, nor prevent him from going "real life" with people to get them in trouble with their employers ..... nor stop him from trying to find out personal information about people who keep their identities concealed, so that he can attempt to ruin their reputations or get them in trouble ......... simply because he doesn't like them. It wouldn't stop him from decieving end users who come here, looking for information into believing that he is still in the installation business, when, in fact, he hasn't installed anything nor does he know much about the latest technologies for going on seven/eight years now. It wouldn't stop him from deceiving people that he is doing business with that he has a good reputation, when in fact he doesn't. Not in business nor in his personal life. He's a convicted felon for a gun related crime and responsible for someone death due to neglegence.

So, as you can see, ignoring him is tantamount to enabling him to perpetuate the ruse that is his goal here in ASA ( Alt.security.alarms) Which, by the way was set up by the originator to be a Usenet group for alarm installers and whose FAQ states that no one should actively use the group to sell their services or products. The founder of the group actually confronted Bass with this and Bass, in his terms, told him to stuff it. He (Bass) could do what ever he wanted here and no one could tell him what or what not to do. Steve ( the originator) left the group, never to return.

Bass will not stop what he does and ignoring him will only enable him. The only resource to those that object to what he's done to usurp this group and to constantly and openly object to what he is, what he does and what he stands for. All of it ........ is NOT acceptable and no one is EVER going to make the mistake of being misled by the abominable SOB.

If you don't like it, obviouly, you're free to say so. But I *do* think that you've run off at the mouth without knowing the history of this asshole Bass. You're persistance in objecting to what goes on here will eventually become boring to you, and you'll go away. An unfortunate byproduct of objecting to Bass's behavour. But, with his conduct here, there can never be any semblance to what the potential and purpose of this Newsgroup could be.

You objected to what you think is unsavory conduct without realizing that the conduct is occuring because of ......... Bass's unacceptable conduct.

You've said your piece now you can stay and live with it ........ or go away.

By the way, there *is* a UK group. Likely much more civil than here. Vist us in a year or so. Bass has a bad heart. He may have died by then. Until such time, things are going to remain the same.

Reply to
Jim

Robert L. Bass

Reply to
Frank Olson

Ever the diplomat Tom, I have always admired the way you can get your point across without alienating or offending anyone. How would I ever get by without your help?.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

You know me, Doug, anything to help a pal :-)

Reply to
no wires showing

I know you'd do well at any peace negotiations.

Union arbitration meetings .... the UN could certainly use your talents in mediation committies.

And I'd bet you would have been a great juror in the Michael Jackson case too.

Calm, collected, unbiased, un-opinionated,impartial detached, objective, unprejudiced .....

Ummmmm does at least 'one' of those words appear familiar to you .........? Ahh forgeddaboutit. None of them is important here anyway.

(heh heh heh heh) ):-)

Reply to
Jim

So do you know what Michael jackson and caviar have in common?

They both come on little crackers

Reply to
no wires showing

Will his nose fly off if he sneezes hard?

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

He'll just buy another Mr Potato head and replace it

Reply to
no wires showing

He has got to be the most bizarre looking ...guy?

Michael Tyson joke:

What's Michael Tyson's favorite breakfast cereal?

--- 'eerios

You've probably heard it before.

:-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.