Review of www.alarmrelay.com monitoring service

I had seen some questions posted on this board in the past of AlarmRelay.com, I know some people shied away from them because their monitoring service is only $8.95 a month. Or $12.95 a month for monitoring radio service, $21.90 if you want both services a month. I had signed up with them a few months ago and I must say they seem to have a first rate service. They are used to dealing with DIY installs and customers. When I applied for their service they had a technician arrange a over the phone service call with me to make the changes to use their monitoring service. The tech call took all of 15-20 minutes and I was up and running. Since then I have had the alarm triggered three times, my fault because I had the sensitivity on the glass break sensors to sensitive. Anyway the alarm went off twice with us home and once with us away. The first event when we were home, my wife closed a kitchen cabinet a bit hard and set off the alarm. Within 20 seconds a monitoring operator called to check the problem. The second time my wife opened a window while the alarm was on, again within 20 seconds they called to check on the problem. The third time one of the cats knocked a set of keys off the table and set off the alarm. My wife and I were at the movies and had our phones off. They dispatched the police and then called the back numbers we gave them until they found someone that could come to the house. My father-in-law arrived 15 minutes later to reset the alarm. He called the local police and they had already been there, he asked what time they were called and wrote it down for us. I was really impressed when I found that the police had arrived at our house within 3 minutes of the alarm. So my overall rating of this company through my personal experience is A+.

Reply to
TheAberdeenKid
Loading thread data ...

Your employer wouldn't just happen to be alarmrelay.com would it?

Reply to
mbbaker

NO I HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH ALARMRLAY, EXCEPT BEING A CUSTOMER. I AM AN IT MANAGER IN NEW JERSEY. I THOUGHT I WOULD BE POLITE AND POST A SMALL REVIEW TO HELP ADD SOMETHING TO THIS BOARD SINCE EVERYONE HAS BEEN SO KIND IN HELPING ME AND RESPONDING TO MY POSTS. TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY, SINCE I DID NOT HAVE A STOP WATCH, I ESTIMATED THE TIMES WITHOUT ADDING ANY EXAGGERATION. I HAVE NOTHING TO GAIN OR LOSE IF ANYONE DECIDES TO USE ALARMRELAY OR NOT. TWENTY SECONDS NOT POSSIBLE? YOU TELL ME. MY WIFE SET THE GLASS BREAKS OFF IN THE KITCHEN. AS SOON AS I HEARD THE VOICE ENNUCIATOR SAY "BURGLARY, THIS IS A PROTECTED AREA", I HURRIEDLY WALKED TO THE PHONE TWENTY FEET AWAY, AS I PICKED UP THE HAND SET ON THE CORDLESS THE PHONE RANG, I ANSWERED, IT WAS THE ALARM OPERATOR. SAME WITH THE SECOND INSTANCE, EXCEPT I WAS PROBABLY MORE LIKE THIRTY FEET FROM THE PHONE. AS FOR THE POLICE RESPONSE I KNOW SOME OF THAT HAS TO DO WITH LUCK, IF THERE WAS NOT A PATROL CAR IN THE IMMEDIATE AREA THE RESPONSE TIME WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN SO GOOD. BUT I HAVE CONVEYED A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE NOT AN ADVERTISEMENT.

CONSIDERING HOW MANY POSTS END AS FLAME WARS ON THIS BOARD I SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK. OH HERE IS MY QUESTION: HOW MANY POSTED A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK AND SELL THEIR OWN MONITORING SERVICES, I KNOW MY MOTIVATION FOR THE POST, WHAT WAS YOURS?

IT'S A SHAME; YOU GUYS HAVE A GREAT BOARD HERE WITH MANY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND HELPFUL MEMBERS. BUT UNFORTUNATELY THE CONSTANT BICKERING AND ACCUSATIONS OF 'MURDER' AND OTHER NONSENSE REALLY DETRACT WHAT WOULD OTHERWISE BE A VERY PROFESSIONALLY RUN BOARD.

A NOTE FOR NEW MEMBERS: YOU WILL PROBABLY NOTICE NOW SINCE I POSTED THIS REBUTTAL I WILL PROBABLY END UP ON SOME PEOPLES 'HIT LIST' AND WILL ALWAYS NOW ATTRACT A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF NEGATIVE RESPONSES OR SOME TYPE OF CHARACTER ATTACK TO ALL MY POSTS.

Reply to
TheAberdeenKid

Kid... you're way too sensitive. This wasn't meant as a flame. Reality is there is no alarm communication format that uses standard analog telephone lines that can transmit an alarm event to your CS *and have them respond* in under 20 seconds. There are many variables that come into play and can affect the way your panel communicates. Dialing an "800" number adds to the time factor. If you're on the phone talking to another party, and the system "decides" to transmit a signal, it'll take a few seconds for it to physically hang up the phone, pick it up again, and "listen" for a dial tone before it starts the communication sequence. Your "20 seconds" could very well have been "60" and you wouldn't even be aware of it.

Sounds to me as if you're happy with your purchase decision and that's *all* that matters. Sit back, relax... enjoy life... and don't worry so much about what we all "think"...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yes I must apologize for jumping off the deep end so quickly....but I think we can all agree this is not the friendliest board....

Reply to
TheAberdeenKid

What the f*ck do you mean by that?? js

Reply to
alarman

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

True, but it's much more pleasant if you filter a few folks.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

Hmm, But then .... how is it that you can't seem to follow your own advice .....

Ahhh, that's right, you just want to make sure that you can continue to be the cause of disruption here.

Sure nuff, Piggy boy, let the good times roll and roll and roll.....

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.