replace a battery with another dead battery = probably drugs

"M" of Pemberton NJ (11/5/03): After having continuous errors with the ADT system, telling us a window was open when it wasn't, we called ADT for service. They told me it would cost me since I did not have the service plan. I told them to cancel the account. They asked if I would not cancel if they sent a service rep out free of charge to fix the problem. The rep came out replaced the battery with another dead battery, disconnected a panel and left wires hanging out of my walls.

I immediately called the support center and told them to cancel the service. Two months later I received an overdue balance notice. I again called and they told me it took a billing cycle to remove the amount from my account. They also sent a letter to this effect. This all took place in May/June 2003 timeframe. I received over 3 calls with the same results. Finally two weeks ago I was informed the only reason they did NOT cancel the service was because THEIR rep did not ask me for my security code in June. They have turned the balance over to a collection agency and refuse to discuss the error of their own system and failures to cancel the service. Today they told me because I allowed the service tech in my house I was responsible even though I called to cancel on more than one occasion.

The consequences is that a collection agency is now hounding me for $75.25 which I refuse to pay since I've cancelled this service repeatedly.

Reply to
Sonicduck
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.