Poor Installation

Jane of Buffalo NY (11/10/03): In December 2002, my husband and I purchased a home and for security, we wanted services from ADT. Months went by, then we noticed that the livingroom monitor was not working. Actually, we noticed that it never worked because no one is to walk into the livingroom area in the nightstay mode. From day one, the alarm never went off. Therefore, if an intruder was to walk by the monitor, no alarm would go off. What can we do about this situation? I can't get out of the contract until anouther 12 months.

I believe that we should not have to pay $80 for a serviceman to show up and do the work that was to be initially done with the $250 intallation.

Reply to
Sonicduck
Loading thread data ...

There's nothing wrong with the alarm system. The motion is not suppose to pick up movement in night stay mode. How is the homeover suppose to move around his home freely then?

All the customer has to do is request the motion detector to be programmed as a interior zone with delay. But that also means that every time the homeowner walks in front of the motion detector, they will have to disarm the alarm system. Which in most cases is worse than not working at all.

Most issues concerning alarm systems stem from homeowners not paying attention when the technician is trying to demostrate the features available to them. Reading the user manual once from cover to cover probably would have told them everything they needed to know. Ademco and a few others have video training tapes for those extra stubborn homeoowners that don't need no stink'in manuals... :)

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Maybe some clients should have to pass an IQ test before being sold an alarm. Sorry, your credit rating is too low and so is your IQ...it's gonna cost you

99.95 a month for monitoring.

| > I believe that we should not have to pay $80 for a serviceman to show | > up and do the work that was to be initially done with the $250 | > intallation. | >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That would put the ADT dealers out of business. js

Reply to
alarman

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.