Re: Simplex Manuals

Security dongles are complete waste of time. Any 6th grader with limited hacking abilities can switch off the dongle in the executable file rather easily.

Ian Fleming

Reply to
Nomen Nescio
Loading thread data ...

hacking abilities can switch off the dongle in the executable file rather e= asily.

Never knew that with keys learn something new everyday.

I would still worry liabilty wise completely taking over such a system .without a complete programming wipe out and rebuild reinspection etc. Since i work both sides of the fence as an investigator . I do not know liabilty wise where a company would be who took over a simplex or similar proprietary system with out being factory authorised would end up should Oh shit happen. a simple convetional system is one thing addressable is a whole different game.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Try here

formatting link
Ian Fleming

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

seems like the links are down again

Reply to
nick markowitz

woo hoo

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thanks for the link.

Jim Rojas

Crash Gord> woo hoo

>
Reply to
Jim Rojas

You just have to tell us how it is that every page on every PDF that's on that link has a little "tech-man.com" plug on it. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Some if not most of those files probably originated from my website. But the tech-man.com plug can be added, changed or removed altogether.

Jim Rojas

Frank Ols>> Thanks for the link.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

And here I thought you paid money to the guy as a sponsor... :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

do ya think the ADT personality if for real?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Looks legitimate enough...no viruses or spyware came up...yep, looks like an old version, but its real...I benched tested a ADTE version with it, and it let me right in.

Jim Rojas

Crash Gord> do ya think the ADT personality if for real?

Reply to
Jim Rojas

awesome...so you treat it like the FA personality then or is it a separate prog.?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

One would think you can just added the updates. I would try it on a separate machine. It would probably overwrite your current compass files. Nice thing is you get the first alert and security dimension patches all turned on.

Jim Rojas

Crash Gord> awesome...so you treat it like the FA personality then or is it a separate > prog.?

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I already have the First Alert, but you're right I should try it on a diff machine or install to a sep. directory. It doesn't seem to have any viruses.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If you are going to install it in the same machine, make sure you backup the download.ini files in windows dir. If you don't you'll have to either reinstall standard compass or edit the download.ini file paths.

Jim Rojas

Crash Gord> I already have the First Alert, but you're right I should try it on a diff

Reply to
Jim Rojas

ah ok thanks.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

srh1069 had written this in response to

formatting link
: how? i have no "hacking" abilities.

------------------------------------- Nomen Nescio wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via

formatting link
Internet Knowledge Base for the security industry no-spam access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.security.alarms - 45252 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
srh1069

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.