Radionics handler update system recreated (2023 Update)

Hello all,

Not sure how many this would be useful to, but I have remade the "Radionics handler update system" that was shut down a few years ago. This is the server used to download handlers to the Radionics d5200 programmer from the phone line. If you end up needing a handler for the programmer when working on a super old panel, this might just be what you're looking for.

This works just like the original system, just enter the phone number, handler name, and choose either "TELCO -> A" or "TELCO -> B" on the programmer. Where the programmer asks you whether or not to include help files, choose "NO", the help files were never implemented to my knowledge and haven't been included with any handler I have ever used.

I do not have all the handlers archived to files as of now, since it takes literal hours to transfer then verify them, but they will all be available on my server soon. The telephone number for the server is +1(304)451-7092, do keep in mind I haven't been able to test this anywhere offsite, so if it doesn't work, just shoot me a message here and I'll look into it. It wouldn't surprise me if this suffers from the terrible quality of VoIP lines nowadays.

Additional information will be available here:

formatting link
And an updated list of the handlers available on the server is available here:
formatting link
Keith

Reply to
KJ7BZC
Loading thread data ...

I have a set of Radionics and Honeywell handlers which I think are complete if you are interested, the read-me files appear to mention help files as well but I can't confirm it. Also has info on how to transfer them etc

Reply to
mleuck

Mark,

If they are contained within files i?d be happy to have them, though I don?t know if I can post my email address here to send them to. If not, I think the only way to transfer them is with the blazing fast 300 baud modem integrated into the programmer.

I?m not sure if it will remove it, but my email is herbertclan4 [at] gmail [dot] com

You can send them there and I?ll add them to the server when I get back.

Keith

Reply to
KJ7BZC

According to a contained text file you can transfer them to a 5200 by a standard PC by creating an RS232 cable although I've never tried it

Reply to
mleuck

Mark,

This looks promising, I am away from home at the moment so I won?t be able to test it for a few days. It looks like someone was trying to do what I did, but over the rs232 port and never finished it. It contains an executable that?s presumably used to save a handler to a computer, but not transfer it back to another programmer. I?ll look into how they stored the data and see if I could directly convert it to the format I have handlers saved to my server with. It looks like they have most of the standard handlers already archived to files there.

This should be useful, and will save a lot of time if it works how I think it does.

Thanks, Keith

Reply to
KJ7BZC

Hi All,

This is really great that you are doing this. Im in desperate need of the 7212b handler (would save me lots of time and money) but the one that was in my 5200 was corrupted. Not sure if anybody has it.

Thanks Kevin

Reply to
Jaime Watson1

Kevin,

My friend has the 7212B handler, I will get it uploaded as soon as possible. It should be there either later today or tomorrow night, and I will send a message here when it is available.

Keith

Reply to
KJ7BZC

The handlers I sent you contains the 7212B

Reply to
mleuck

Mark,

I see that the handler is contained within those files you sent me, however the executable that was included only transfers the handler from the programmer to files, not the other way around. The program saves handlers to files in a different way than how my server does, so I am going to have to reverse engineer the format and convert them to the format that my server uses. I will be pulling the 7212B handler from my friend in the meantime while I try to figure out how to convert the files you sent me to what I need. Unless you know the person who wrote the program you provided to me, in which case they could provide me with how they formatted the handlers in their files.

Keith

Reply to
KJ7BZC

Kevin,

The 7212B handler is now available on the server, let me know if you have any issues transferring it.

Remember to delete the corrupted handler first using the DELETE option, even if its not listed. Go to the UPDATE option in the menu, enter "7212B " as the handler name, "NO" for include help, and "13044517092" for the phone number. Select "Telco -> A", connect the programmer to a phone line, and hit enter. The programmer should dial out to the server and pull the new handler.

It will take a while to transfer, but hopefully at the end you'll have the handler working again.

Keith

Reply to
KJ7BZC

Keith,

Thanks so much. I will try and download it later when i get home from work.

Kevin

Reply to
Jaime Watson1

Thanks Keith

I downloaded the handler from the server over the weekend and got right into the 7212 that i need to program. Thanks so much!

Kevin

Reply to
Jaime Watson1

For future reference to anyone who may need to use this in the future, the information page is now located at

formatting link
I have completely rewritten the software for this system since my original post, it is able to compensate for bad line quality better now, the phone number is still (304)451-7092. I have all the Radionics and Honeywell handlers available on it now, only exceptions are "C601" and "3071" as I have not been able to find someone with them yet. See the above link for a complete list.

Keith

Reply to
KJ7BZC

Reply to
Kassidy Hill

It has been offline for a while as I am short on serial ports, but it will be back up 24/7 soon. If you need to use it just send a message here and I'll start it. Keep in mind you'll need a good quality analog phone line to get this to work properly, modems do not work well with the digital phone lines that are common now.

-Keith

Reply to
KJ7BZC

Much appreciated. Waiting on confirmation but I'll probably be purchasing one soon and if I do I will let you know. Thank you very much!

Reply to
Kassidy Hill

Is this server still up?? Would like to get my hands on these handlers..

ty

Reply to
Mark Keith

Yep still online, just set your programmer to dial 304-451-7092, with how awful the quality of VoIP lines are you'll likely need to call from a regular analog line. The information page and list of handlers is now at

formatting link
If you call that number and it is silent that is normal, it listens for a programmer to be on the line before attempting to communicate. If you have any issues with it just shoot a message here and I can check the log files.

Keith

Reply to
KJ7BZC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.