Radionics BFSK reporting format

I'm not sure if anyone here will have information on this, but its worth a shot.

I'm looking to decode the old Radionics BFSK format, so I can implement support for it into the alarm receiver I am designing. It seems relatively simple, and so many receivers support it that it must not be an impossible task. I got the mark/space tones down, but I am wondering if anyone has any information on the data it sends and such. I have tried to decode it, but its hard to do when you don't even know if your baudrate is set correctly. It looks to be around 50 baud, but I'm not exactly sure if thats precise.

Thanks, Keith

Reply to
KJ7BZC
Loading thread data ...

I thought the old Radionics panels required a dedicated programmer. In any case Radionics has always had a proprietary distribution structure. They tried to recruit me about the time FBII got bought by Ademco. My old rep at FBII went to work for them.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Reply to
mleuck

Most of the old D series did require a Radionics D5200 programmer

Reply to
mleuck

BFSK is 1400 Hz 42.7 baud

Reply to
mleuck

Sorry its also 2300 Hz 42.7 baud

Reply to
mleuck

Yeah I'm not having trouble with programming them, I use RAM with the dongle typically. Thanks for the information, that's been the hardest part so far is figuring out what the actual baudrate is.

Reply to
KJ7BZC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.