Radio Shack Safe House 49-450B Manual

Seriously, I don't know HOW many times I would get a call from a dealer working on the fire loop of a D6112 in a commercial site. EVERY time I would tell them it isn't listed for COMMERCIAL Fire and almost every time I would get, "I know, but this is what the customer wanted." Then I would remind him that if he didn't have something in writing that showed the customer understood the issues and they suffered a loss he was putting both his home or the business he worked for in jeopardy. Then I would either hear him shrug (don't ask) or get "I'm not worried. I rent."

Oy!

X.

Reply to
X. Boschman
Loading thread data ...

additional insured crap happens a lot these days...actually about the past

10 years out here...all the primes must have the same risk management advisors...so I just started adding the cost of the additional insured ins. cert. to all big primes bids.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I do not do additional insured. If they ask, I'll furnish a certificate of liability insurance, but no additional insured. If they walk, they walk. js

Reply to
alarman

I hear that. I had to drop a contractor I was subcontracting for after he asked me to add him to my Insurance policy as "additional insured". I told him that wasn't going to happen. Same shit, 6112 located in a Granger Store (40,000) in St. Louis. He was monitoring the sprinkler system with a 6112. Doesn't really matter, I've seen about a hundred 8112's with dual line phone modules, and one telephone line connected to it. I like Radionic's equipment, and was a dealer for about 9 years, but damn...they always seemed to attract some of dumbest Mo effers. Comes to light, I don't think it's the equipment....just the Industry.

Jack

Reply to
Jackcsg

I'm not gonna walk on a 30K job because the want a cert. that costs 150 bucks...besides I just budget for it. The whole principle of it pisses me off though

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I wouldn't mind either if the $150 was the end of it. I don't want to carry anybody as additional insured on my policy. js

Reply to
alarman

I do the same thing. If the certificate isn't good enough, see ya. Especially when you have to, or are requested to service the crap they themselves installed.

Reply to
Jackcsg

-- snip --

Oy! Oy! Oy! Oy! Oy!

I'll let you imagine my side of the calls on THAT one. Don't these guys have _ANY_ NFPA code documentation????

I agree, Companies cannot just grab the next person that walks by their door, give them the keys to their truck, a D6412, an address, and the tech support phone number and then claim to be professionals. But much of the time, that is what it seemed like.

And by the way, I'm keeping the READ horror stories to myself. 8^(

X.

Reply to
X. Boschman

-- snip --

And by the way, that should read "the REAL horror stories". 8^P

X
Reply to
X. Boschman

I knew what you meant.... and know what you mean ;-)

Reply to
Jackcsg

"Jim" ?ÈëÏû?ÐÂÎÅ:n2KMe.134414$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com...

Reply to
Susan King

which kind of security system? could you tell me? maybe i can give you a hand "Jim" ?ÈëÏû?ÐÂÎÅ:n2KMe.134414$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.southeast.rr.com...

Reply to
Susan King

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.