Problem with Visonic K9-80

Hello,

I purchased and installed the Visonic K9-80 based on recommendations that I found in this forum. However, I am having problems with it in that it appears to not go off when it should. I can often walk right down the middle of the room right across it's field of view and it will not go off. Other times it will. Once, I had a person and 2 dogs walk in front of the detector and it didn't go off. I can not find any pattern for when it detects me and when it does not. I believe the coverage left to right is fine because when I'm higher up on the stairs all the way to the side of the room it always picks me up. The detector is mounted 8 feet off the ground (floor to bottom of detector) in the corner of the room. The sensitivity is set to 2 (middle). I have the vertical adjustment set to 8 feet. The only thing that comes to mind is that somehow the verticle adjustment is wrong and it thinks that I am below 3 feet and is ignoring me. But I did adjust the verticle adjustment as outlined in the manual. Any suggestions or could this just be a dud?

Thanks!

Reply to
meir410
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like it's working fine.

Leave the room empty for 5 or so minutes (no people, no animals) then walk test it. PIRs are generally less sensitive when you move directly towards it, rather than across the detection fields.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I would also add, most pet immune motions are slow to detect human targets.

Reply to
Russell Brill

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...

Hi what you dont seem to know is that this pir will not detect motion all the time,this is to preserve battery life...

the detector will go in a sleep mode after detecting a motion for a small period of time usualy for 3 to 5 minute ,during that period you will notice no reaction from the pir...

Reply to
Petem

How have you set switch SW-1? If it is "Off" the detector will respond to the first motion it detects. If it's set to "On" the detector will only respond to two sequential motion events. This is to prevent false alarms though it can sometimes render the detector disabled if the location is wrong for it.

Double check and try it again. If you still have trouble it might just be a bad unit. That detector is usually reliable but it's possible you got a bad one. If so, your dealer should replace it for you. If they won't, give me a call and I'll arrange for warranty service. There's no charge for that. You just have to send it in.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

:^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.