Pool job

I am the employee of a company. I don't take any liability for my work. although I am proud of my installs and take the time to ask for help when I need it. The owner wants 2 pool alarms. I just ask where I can get alarm equipment , and yes it is pool related not burglar alarm. And yes I adding them to the building alarm. And yes the city runs it own alarm receiver.

I don't need this back and forth that is not related to my question.

Keep it to pool alarm floats.

Reply to
Rich
Loading thread data ...

YOU'RE FIRED.

-- YOP...

Reply to
Nicko

Why not create a perimeter "fence" with outdoor motion detectors (beam type). I think this would be more reliable (more expensive too).

Reply to
Crash Gordon

How very astute of you.

2 alarms, check!

I see... You got a few responses, the diamond has yet to appear.

Check! Pool alarm only, not burglar alarm.

Whoa there pardner.... You said no burglar alarm, but now you're saying it gets hooked to the 'building alarm. What's the difference?

That's nice.

Sure you do, this *is* ASA ya know.

I have a feeling this won't end pretty.

Reply to
G. Morgan

we used to have a pool table when I was growing up. There was no alarm on it and I don't think it would float. good luck.

Reply to
Joe

Try a Google search for pool float alarms, you might be surprised what you get..

1. formatting link
  2. formatting link
  3. formatting link
  4. formatting link
  5. formatting link
    Now for installation, your on your own.. (for reasons stated earlier in the posting replies..)

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Major pool supply stores usually have a line on them or go online. Security wholesalers would not be the best place to start. Call a larger pool company and find out who the wholesalers are in the area for the pool industry. They would probably have a good idea of a manufacturer. I remember when the pool alarm law was first past, the pool industry wholesalers had a system that someone was pushing because we were getting fliers faxed to us. That was years ago and I don't remember who it was other than it was from a pool supply warehouse. There also was a chain of retail security stores here at one time that sold all kinds of security items for the home. They had the floating alarms that reacted to a disturbance in the water. Maybe there is some of those type stores still around. Sears may have something. Pinch-a-Penny is a large chain of pool supply stores here. Go online and see if they have something. Sorry for the BS but that usually happens when Bass opens his mouth.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Since the OP is looking for float type sensors, that is correct. TTBOMK, alarm distributors don't carry those.

A quick Google yielded (among others) the following:

formatting link
seems to be a manufacturer or at least an importer. They have dealer terms and prices. Hope it helps.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

yeah we already know that thanks to Bob, bandwagon jumper. get a life.

way to google as ordered by Bob, slave to FL licensed pro boy.

Reply to
Joe

And don't look here for employment, either.

Reply to
Red

Ok... Pool alarm floats suck. No back and forth. They are a stupid headache, that will false constantly. This is from experience. Shock weave snesors are no better. This is from experience. They all suck. If you want to maintain pool level put in a remote level tank, with a float valve. If you want intrusion detection put in video cameras and have somebody watch them.

Now, DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I assume the pool has a fence around it with a gate or two on it? I would use a Brivo

formatting link
panel and have it control the access to the pool area (using something like a GL1 Gate lock from Securitron)
formatting link
You could use the extra inputs on the Brivo to page or email the courtesy officer or maintenance personnel to check on a pool sensor, (or gate held or forced alarm). If you hook the pool alarm into the regular building alarm you better be ready for some serious false alarm fees to start piling up.

Reply to
Just Looking

That would be a laff riot the first time someone calls up the cops to dispatch on a burglar alarm from a pool.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

This whole thread is a laff riot. Who ..... but a municipality would ever even consider putting a floatation alarm on a public swimming pool. Or, a pool alarm of any kind. It's going to false, it's not going to be able to be maintained. Within a year the people who actually know anything about the project will be transfered to another location and then no one will know what to do about fixing it, maintaining it, what to do when a problem occurs or even what to do when the alarm trips. The local kids will bypass it or constantly set it off until it becomes as useless as the bureauocrat who thought of it.

This is just another "make work" project, thought up by some uninformed bureauocrat who doesn't have anything else to do but think up things that makes it look like they are doing something. The project doesn't have to have good results. It doesn't have to be practical. It doesn't even have to work. Just so long as it looks like "something" ,..... "anything", is being done. It sounds like a "cover your ass" project. Even though it'll never be useful, in the event that some stupid parent doesn't mind their kid and he drowns, they can say they tried.

They've got a bottomless pit of money from the taxpayers and if they don't do something with it, then they're afraid they won't vote them in again, next time.

If you really wanted to protect the pool, put a double fence around it and secure the "no man's land" between them with lighting, cameras, photo beams and stress sensors on the fence. Using any kind of floatation or water entry alarm sensors is to little to late. By the time anyone got there it would be too late to stop any vandalism or drowning anyway and in between the false alarms would make it useless.

Reply to
Jim

If they really want to protect the pool, I think they should call up Bass and order one of his 240 volt electrified pool alarms, cleverly disguised as a life preserver. When activated, the sudden increase in current activates a wireless transmitter so paramedics can be notified. Easy "splash and dash" installation.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

You're a marketing genius. Heh, heh, heh... :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

For a pool job? The only thing they will get there is a hose job.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

ROFL!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yeah but he'd get to be in charge of the ...... "dead man switch"

Reply to
Jim

You really ought to stop stealing money from your clients. Your criminal behavior is giving the industry an even worse name than it already has.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.