Robomower Sale at robomower.biz !

For those of you who are interested in automating your lawn mowing, now is the perfect time to save money on a robotic lawnmower and accessories.

The Robomower Spring Sale is at:

formatting link
Also, check out our Robomower and Lawnbott discussion forum to see what other users are experiencing at
formatting link
- while you're there, please feel free to post!

• 2006 Robomowers with Extras *

New 2006 RL-1000, plus an extra 100 pegs $1,629.99 with Free Shipping

New 2006 RL-1000, plus an extra 100 pegs and 500 feet of perimeter wire $1,679.99 with Free Shipping

New 2006 RL-850, plus an extra 100 pegs and 500 feet of perimeter wire $1,183.99 with Free Shipping

• Wire & Pegs Combos *

500 feet of perimeter wire and 50 pegs $69.99 with Free Shipping

500 feet of perimeter wire and 100 pegs $89.99 with Free Shipping

• Blades, Wires & Pegs Combos *

Low or high cut blades and battery pack $199.99 with Free Shipping

Low or high cut blades, perimeter wires and 50 pegs $126.99 with Free Shipping

Low or high cut blades, perimeter wires and 100 pegs $149.99 with Free Shipping

formatting link
- Featuring the fully autonomous RL-1000
formatting link
- Featuring the fully autonomous, self programming Evolution

Reply to
robomower
Loading thread data ...

I wonder how these mowers deal with lawns that are not level. Most of my property is level but part of it slopes down to our pond. It would be a real shame to see the brand new Robomower disappearing below the water level. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I wonder how long it would take for the unit to walk off in the back of someone's pickup truck? They talk about having a four digit "lockout" code that makes the unit unusable to thieves but that's not an effective deterrent, IMHO. It just means that the unit will get tossed or chopped by the thieves *after* they've stolen it and discover the code lockout. They also claim the unit's weight is a theft deterrent but I recently read that huge bronze statues were disappearing all over London. Apparently those thieves were quite undeterred by the massive weight of the sculpture.

If I owned one, I would try to figure out a way to connect wireless sensors that would ring a very large outdoor bell as soon as the unit was lifted off the ground.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

What about slopes?

The best way to respond to this question is that if a slope is currently being cut safely with a walk-behind, the Robomower® will handle it fine. In automatic mode it is limited to 15 degrees and in manual mode you can mow wherever it is safe to walk. Further on, since the manual controller is connected to the mower with a cord that can extend to 8 feet, when you mow manually you could stand at the edge of the leveled area and let the mower drive on the slopes are while mowing manually.

Reply to
Gemini

Gemini is right... however I've seen them handle slopes greater than the 15 degree limit they say it can handle. The wheels are knobby and generally have good traction. If you're nervous about the pool, you can simply plot the wire several feet from it until you're comfortable. I'm sure at some point you'll gain confidence and move the wire closer. I haven't heard any stories of swimming robomowers... yet anyway.

And Bobby has a good point about the theft. If you live in an area where that's a concern, you'll want to make sure you're home while it's mowing. You can trim the hedges, wash your car or stay indoors and peak out at it every so often. I must say that after all these years, theft is NOT common at all. It's very rare. In fact I haven't heard of any thefts personally, but I'm sure it has happened before. I've heard of people talking about inserting a GPS inside. But it's just easier to peak on it every so often or let it mow at night. Homeowners insurance does cover it if it's stolen btw...

Reply to
robomower

We're installing a gate at the entrance to our US neighborhood, partly for increased security but also because it will enhance the value of the property. As it is, burglary and petty theft are extremely rare in my complex, partly because it's walled in and there's only one way in and out -- a good police trap for would-by thieves.

I expect the Robomower would be relatively safe there. However, since it's apparently not amphibious, I doubt it would wok for me.

BTW, next year we expect to buy a place in a new neighborhood in Salvador, Brazil. The community is already gated and patrolled and each building has its own gate and 24-hour security staff. Petty crime is a problem in Salvador. Then again, no one mows their lawn here either. :)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thanks for the input. The problem for me is I don't want to walk behind the mower at all. I currently have a garden service company that comes out once a week, mows, weeds the garden and trims the hedges. I could spend less on their services if the weren't mowing, but the slope leading down to the water would be a problem. If the Robo actually slid into the water, well that would be a bigger problem.

We're on a curved street. My lawn area is about 150' deep on one side and 200' on the other by something like 180' wide. If I could keep the Robo out of the pond, would it be able to mow such a property unattended? I'm frequently out of the country, sometimes for months on end. I could get the gardener to start the Robo up if it's smart enough to find its way home when it finishes, probably long after the gardeners have left.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Robert, I don't see why it wouldn't work. There are many people who use Robomowers with their pool and I've never heard of the mower taking a swim til this day. The RL1000 can be setup on a schedule. You tell it which days and which times you want it to mow and it follows that schedule. Therefore once you have everything setup and installed correctly, it shouldn't need your attention at all. It really sounds like your yard-conditions is typical of many who already enjoy owning a Robomower.

Robert, why don't you email us at snipped-for-privacy@robomower.biz so we can discuss in detail, YOUR yard. If you want to, you can send us some photos and an overhead sketch of your yard and we'll be more than glad to outline a plan for installation. We will show you the strengths and weaknesses of the mower based on your yard so it'll be easier for you to determine if it's a good solution for you.

Robomower-Lawnbott Sales, Support & Forums

formatting link

Reply to
robomower

My email is the same as yours except it's @bassburglaralarms.com. Feel free to contact me at your convenience. It may take a few days for me to reply though. I'm forever swamped with email. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Have you checked with your Dad about this?? Maybe he likes getting the exercise cutting his own grass? OTOH, maybe it's a better idea for you to. :-)

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.