northern computers n-500

Anyone happen to have an old northern computers n-500 board laying around they'd be willing to sell?

Reply to
jewellfish
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Roland Moore

I wonder if anyone still use any northern computer stuff..

"Roland Moore" a écrit dans le message de news: CJQRg.23328$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com...

Reply to
Petem

Yes, I see it all the time. Mostly NStar panels that trunk slammers get from ADI or other distribution. In the past they we easy to spot because there would always be some wall covered with blue boxes and then never more than two wires on a REX button. To find one now days just walk up to a controlled door and if you can free spin the armature plate on the mag lock and make it act like a door stop you probably found one. Conversely if you find a controlled door where the door bounces off the armature plate a few times when it tries to close (because the sex nut is tightended so tight the roll pins are stuck it the door) there is another. The final test is to pull a pull station, if the horns are blowing and the lights are flashing and the mag lock stays lockd BINGO! Don't be stingy with your knowlwdge, make sure the AHJ knows about the the last test when you find a winner. I always do. Aren't those things they give out good technician and good company awards? They must be something special because I hear they really cost a lot.

Reply to
Roland Moore

you know what?

I will keep your post and use it as a template for judging good and by installation of access control....

it will also be posted at the subcontractor board in the office...if you don't mind..

that way some of them will MAYBE learn something,cause even if we send them bills to repair what they did wrong after the inspection,they still do most of what you describe.(well maybe not the pull station thing..they already learned that the pull is for unlocking of the door,not just for the show....)

"Roland Moore" a écrit dans le message de news: TInSg.540$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com...

Reply to
Petem

If it helps improve the industry use it any way you see fit.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.