NFPA issues warning about antifreeze in residential sprinklers

formatting link

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

Yeah, I'd question using it in residential sprinklers too!

Hell ...... If they go off, it's going to stain the furniture!

Reply to
Jim

not to mention the dead pets, from drinking the stuff...

Reply to
Rockytsquirrel

formatting link
A copy of Stephen Hart's report on this tragedy can be accessed at
formatting link

Reply to
Frank Kurz

So the NFPA is saying it's OK to walk the narrow line between having a substance in a sprinkler system that will stop the water from freezing but just "might" explode if it's not maintained properly?

( Golly gee whiz..... I wonder how many systems are not maintained properly? Oh well, they just might explode and kill someone. And if they do ...... it'll be their own damn fault. Would someone please pass the grits?)

If so, it really confirms my suspisions about them being just another good ol boys club mostly intent on finding out where the next annual Junket is going to be.

Reply to
Jim

at

formatting link

I think a class action lawsuit is in order here...

Reply to
Jim Rojas

This is the exact backlash i warned my brother firefighters about before they got behind this residential sprinkler thing. well the roosters are calling and where are my brother firefighters no where to be found.

Reply to
nick markowitz

If the NFPA is involved ..... it would be a very LOW-class ...... action lawsuit.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.