Residential ANI

Could someone tell me what type of service and/or equipment I would need in order to have real-time ANI appear on a LED display whenever an incoming call comes in? I currently only have a POTS residential line if that matters any. I'm looking for the most least expensive route.

Thanks

Reply to
Ian
Loading thread data ...

the short answer is, It Depends.

One possible option, if you don't have much in the way of incoming, is to get a personal "800" [a] number from a vendor such as Kall-8b]. They'll take the incoming call and re-route it to your home phone, and, also take the ANI info, translate it to a CNID string, and send it over - letting you display it on standard CNID boxen.

The two issues here:

a) you'll have to give out an 800 number in place of your current one and b) you'll be paying between five and ten cents per minute (depending on vendor and quantity).

[a] actually 800, 888, 877, 866, and RSN 855 [b]
formatting link
I personally use them and can recommend their service. No financial connection other than as a satisfied customer (they have a _very nice_ web interface for control of your number, including a real-time reroute. In other words, you can reset the destination at 17:01 to switch from your home phone to your cellular, or any other choices you wish, and it'll take effect a minute later)

What I've got

Reply to
danny burstein

If I recall correctly ANI delivery isn't possible on a POTS line. However if you set up and 800 number some of the carriers will pass ANI as Caller-ID data. I know that USA-Datanet does.

Reply to
Tony P.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.