manage Cisco 7940 desk phone from desktop

Maybe this is far-fetched need. If so, please tell me.

I have Cisco IP 3940 on my office desk and extension is assigned and works fine. My laptop is connected to the Cisco phone with the ethernet cable. So the setup is

ethernet-port --> Cisco 7940 ethernet-cable my laptop

with this setup, is there any windows-based software available in the market with which I can manage the IP phone? I specifically looking for features like outbound calls, incoming calls notification, call log, integration with outlook address book etc.

I used to use shoretel in my previous company, but we don't have that here.

thanks Ashwani

Reply to
nashwani
Loading thread data ...

The more important part rather than showing us how the cables go is what the phone system is.

A 3940? Do you mean its a 3640 running CCME? (or its previous incarnations such as ITS?)

This software sounds like its somewhat of what you want, assuming you are running CCME.

formatting link

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Hi Ashwani,

Cisco Softphone application allows you to control your real Cisco IP Phone. Here is a link to the section, which describes how to do this:

formatting link
Also, with this solution you can be distant from the phone, and use a Bluetooth headset (you will need a Bluetooth adapter for the phone).

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.