New Ademco 10SE no juice to terminals

Just installed, no power to keypad, ect., new battery/transformer. Fuse ok, test light shows power up to terminals but nothing to terminals. Heat sink seems to get too hot when plugged in. Same result with/without resistors bridging used & unused terminals. Sound like bad board?

Reply to
woodguy3
Loading thread data ...

Every once and a while I came across a bad 10 Se right out of box same condition sounds like you ned to get a new one

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

sounds like bad board. The SE is discontinued product. If you bought it new within the past 30 days you should be able to get an over the counter swap out - some distribs may still have some on the shelves.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Since when did they kill the 10se just got one oher day for sub job at ADI

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Unofficially about 10 months ago...officially; I got a letter about a month ago and another one last week.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

First I heard about it. what is the suggested replacement

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Just as well the 10se was pretty limited I always do installs these days with panels which have a logging feature if it is for myself as a way to verify system has been armed etc. If it is a sub i put what ever they want thats there problem.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Yep, got the same. Wasn't there a number of panels they listed as "history"?

Reply to
Bob Worthy
10P
Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yah several, all the SE's and the Lynx-somethingorother (cant remember which one since I don't use it..and I used the letter Sunday to light my BBQ)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The SE line was getting old but trying to keep up with all the panel changes all the time gets agravating some times Count in all the FBII line and apex and thats one hell of a lot of panels I can see why GE has been cutting back to just sevreal panels.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

all ya really need is; small, medium, large, and gigunda

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The problem is though some times the samll medium features that the large and gigunda dont have but should

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

yes...they start thinking...hmmm this gigunda panel doesn't need home/away it reallly should have All/Perimeter because its more suited to commercial than residential...yah i hate that.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.