Ademco:PanelDumpsCentralStation

Hello to All,

01 Problem: Ademco 50P panel dumps central station immediately after answering their dial in for setup.

02 Background: self-installed. 1 Ademco 50p panel; 1 12-volt, 7-amp battery at auxiliary power; 1 4208U expansion cards, currently.

03 Currently connected: 2 2-wire heat, 1 4-wire CO, 12 4-wire smokes. 10K EOL resistors are wired at each detector rather than in the panel and expansion card. The first 8 detectors are wired directly to the panel, jumper wired at zone 9, next 7 (10-16) to the expansion.

No problem indicated at keypad.

04 I may have programmed something at the keypad called Jumper. I have to find it again.

05 My panel is in New York City. Called internet monitoring service, central station in California. Programmed their numbers while they instructed over separate telephone line. When they dial into the Vista-50p over its own hardwired, dedicated telephone line, the panel seems to negotiate with their modem then immediately hangs up.

NY telco says the line is noiseless which it does seem to be. Ademco dialed in at request of central station and said the communicator was bad. I bought and installed a whole new panel! Problem persisted. Local installer said I had to use an RJ31X so I installed one. Problem still persists. Central Station never heard of this problem. Three local installers also never heard of it. Ademco/Honeywell will not talk to me.

I am up against a deadline from my insurer to have this system monitored.

Any and all help is appreciated... and desperately needed.

TIA

Don

Reply to
Don
Loading thread data ...

What format are you transmitting in? What kind of reciever is it going into?

12 x 4 wire smokes on separate zones? how are you handling the power supervision relays for that many smokes...seems like you'd be using a lot zones just on the smokes alone.

on the remote programming problem...do a *96 then re-enter the account number and reciever phone.

Deadline from your insurer? What's that mean?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Mssrs. Gordon and Rojas,

I do not know my transmission format. I believe it to be the default. I believe the default is Ademco low speed.

I do not know the central station's receiver kind.

Each smoke is on its own zone. I have not definitively worked out the amperage but I have another 12-volt, 7-amp ready to wire to the panel in parallel with the first, if that is the correct thing to do.

Security system is part of an ongoing building renovation project. Project has new insurer. Insurer demands site be telephone monitored or they will drop me. The problem has persisted for three months! They are tired of waiting for compliance.

I will get back to the site on 03Oct05. I will

01 go to Section 1*53 and enter 0. If that does not work, I will do as you both recommend and

02 wipe the account number.

03 For "First time communication" I will re-program the same account number, primary and secondary telephone numbers with the same numbers (?!) I just wipe. Then I will call the central station and ask them to try again.

What is *96?

Thanks for the guidance. I hope it works. I will let you know, either way.

Thanks again.

Don

Reply to
Don

oops.

| > 12 x 4 wire smokes on separate zones? how are you handling the power | > supervision relays for that many smokes...seems like you'd be using a lot | > zones just on the smokes alone. | >

| > on the remote programming problem...do a *96 then re-enter the account | > number and reciever phone. | >

| > Deadline from your insurer? What's that mean? | | Crash it's a Vista-50P, *96 doesn't do what you think it does | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Forget the *96 I was thinking of smaller panels.

If you're doing commercial fire I suggest you get a qualified installer to finish your job - or you may never pass inspection.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Crash it's a Vista-50P, *96 doesn't do what you think it does

Reply to
Mark Leuck
*96 wipes the account number and resets the CSID code for a first time communication.

James

Reply to
James

Panel is probably setup for call back.

Go to section 153, and enter 0...if that still doesn't work, wipe the account number, and do a first time communiation with the panel.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

If you still can't get it to work. Give me a call at (813) 884-6335.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Don said;

I'm not trying to be unkind, but if you don't know the answers to these questions, you have absolutely no business trying to program an alarm panel.

Doubly so if an insurance company is involved.

And, this is not likely to be the only programming error you have made.

Please do yourself a favor, and call a qualified alarm installer to handle this for you.

-badenov

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Mark says it doesn't do that on a 50P. I don't use 50Ps.

| > If you're doing commercial fire I suggest you get a qualified installer to | > finish your job - or you may never pass inspection. | >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I have one 20P that just refuses to talk to Compass..driving me nuts. Telco voltage 52v - can't tell abt noise...at least it doesnt sound noisy.

*96'd it 3 times I even had Ademco try to connect and they get the same error. I have a feeling that they sold me a mislabeled proprietary panel but they say; no. We even disconnected every phone on the premises...no go.

The only thing I can figure is that it's on a podunk baby phone co. system out in the boonies - but even that doesn't make too much sense cause I've talked to other panels in the same area without a problem.

| > 02 Background: self-installed. 1 Ademco 50p panel; 1 12-volt, 7-amp | > battery at auxiliary power; 1 4208U expansion cards, currently. | >

| > 03 Currently connected: 2 2-wire heat, 1 4-wire CO, 12 4-wire smokes. | > 10K EOL resistors are wired at each detector rather than in the panel | > and expansion card. The first 8 detectors are wired directly to the | > panel, jumper wired at zone 9, next 7 (10-16) to the expansion. | >

| > No problem indicated at keypad. | >

| > 04 I may have programmed something at the keypad called Jumper. I have | > to find it again. | >

| > 05 My panel is in New York City. Called internet monitoring service, | > central station in California. Programmed their numbers while they | > instructed over separate telephone line. When they dial into the | > Vista-50p over its own hardwired, dedicated telephone line, the panel | > seems to negotiate with their modem then immediately hangs up. | >

| > NY telco says the line is noiseless which it does seem to be. Ademco | > dialed in at request of central station and said the communicator was | > bad. I bought and installed a whole new panel! Problem persisted. | > Local installer said I had to use an RJ31X so I installed one. Problem | > still persists. Central Station never heard of this problem. Three | > local installers also never heard of it. Ademco/Honeywell will not | > talk to me. | >

| > I am up against a deadline from my insurer to have this system | > monitored. | >

| > Any and all help is appreciated... and desperately needed. | >

| > TIA | >

| > Don | >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

ah like the old stuff

| >

| > | > If you're doing commercial fire I suggest you get a qualified | > installer | > to | > | > finish your job - or you may never pass inspection. | > | >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It gives me an error abt either modem picked up mistakenly or something like that. I can handle FA panels...but not ADT. The panel is a 20P v3 (I think it's a 3...I just installed it 3 months ago..not a takeover)

I'm wondering if I have a mislabeled panel?

How can you measure noise? That's what Ademco is telling me it "might" be a noisy line...to me this sounds as believable as an inverted data bit :-)

| > The only thing I can figure is that it's on a podunk baby phone co. system | > out in the boonies - but even that doesn't make too much sense cause I've | > talked to other panels in the same area without a problem. | >

| >

| > | > 02 Background: self-installed. 1 Ademco 50p panel; 1 12-volt, 7-amp | > | > battery at auxiliary power; 1 4208U expansion cards, currently. | > | >

| > | > 03 Currently connected: 2 2-wire heat, 1 4-wire CO, 12 4-wire smokes. | > | > 10K EOL resistors are wired at each detector rather than in the panel | > | > and expansion card. The first 8 detectors are wired directly to the | > | > panel, jumper wired at zone 9, next 7 (10-16) to the expansion. | > | >

| > | > No problem indicated at keypad. | > | >

| > | > 04 I may have programmed something at the keypad called Jumper. I have | > | > to find it again. | > | >

| > | > 05 My panel is in New York City. Called internet monitoring service, | > | > central station in California. Programmed their numbers while they | > | > instructed over separate telephone line. When they dial into the | > | > Vista-50p over its own hardwired, dedicated telephone line, the panel | > | > seems to negotiate with their modem then immediately hangs up. | > | >

| > | > NY telco says the line is noiseless which it does seem to be. Ademco | > | > dialed in at request of central station and said the communicator was | > | > bad. I bought and installed a whole new panel! Problem persisted. | > | > Local installer said I had to use an RJ31X so I installed one. | > Problem | > | > still persists. Central Station never heard of this problem. Three | > | > local installers also never heard of it. Ademco/Honeywell will not | > | > talk to me. | > | >

| > | > I am up against a deadline from my insurer to have this system | > | > monitored. | > | >

| > | > Any and all help is appreciated... and desperately needed. | > | >

| > | > TIA | > | >

| > | > Don | > | >

| > | | > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

no. it's a 20P v 3 (i believe its a 3) I installed it...not a takeover.

| > The only thing I can figure is that it's on a podunk baby phone co. system | > out in the boonies - but even that doesn't make too much sense cause I've | > talked to other panels in the same area without a problem. | | By chance is it a 15P v1? | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

By chance is it a 15P v1?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Don, I don't know the answer to your question, however, as far as I know, you may not be able to get any kind of approval for your fire alarm system in the City of New York. I don't know the details but as far as I know, they've got exclusive spec's, requirements and approval processes that exclude everyone but City authorized installing companies from installing fire alarm systems. I hope you've checked into this. It would be a shame for you to have put all this work into a system and have it shot down and have to have it be "re-installed" by an authorized installer.

Reply to
Jim

Sounds like a commerical fire install in which case a professional should be doing the job.

| Bass Home Electronics | 2291 Pine View Circle | Sarasota · Florida · 34231 | 941-925-9747 Sales & Tech Support |

formatting link
| =============================>

| | | | > Please do yourself a favor, and call a qualified | > alarm installer to handle this for you. | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hiring a professional, in this case an electrical contractor to install the system and hiring another company-a professional alarm company to test & inspect the system hardly qualifies as a DIY install.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Commercial fire with an Ademco 50P ?.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.