Problems with an Ademco Vista-15... System won't arm, and it keeps counting?

Hoping someone might have run into this problem before. I've got a 5- year old Ademco Vista-15 which refuses to arm.

The control pad -- a fixed-word display -- has a "check" status indicator on, and the alphanumeric section where I would expect to see zone data is counting from 49 to 63, then starting over again. (And over and over and over.)

When tripping the sensors (total of 2 motion + 3 door) the control pad is correctly identifying the zones that are being triggered. Inputing the master code to turn the system off, place it in test mode, adjust other codes, or anything else for that matter seems to have no effect.

Anybody run into something like this before? Could it be a simple matter of replacing a battery or something? (I couldn't find any descriptions via Google that matched my problem, so I'm not so sure.)

Many thanks in advance for the help...

Reply to
iratable
Loading thread data ...

I've never seen a Vista 15 do any kind of "counting".

First I'd: Remove the main system battery Unplug the transformer and let it sit for a minute, then plug transformer back in and reconnect the battery.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Could be that zones 49-63 have been inadvertently programmed into the system. Anyone have the section numbers handy for those zones so he can check?

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle
*56 but he's gonna need the installer code and a programming keypad to get there.

| > The control pad -- a fixed-word display -- has a "check" status | > indicator on, and the alphanumeric section where I would expect to see | > zone data is counting from 49 to 63, then starting over again. (And | > over and over and over.) | >

| > When tripping the sensors (total of 2 motion + 3 door) the control pad | > is correctly identifying the zones that are being triggered. Inputing | > the master code to turn the system off, place it in test mode, adjust | > other codes, or anything else for that matter seems to have no effect. | >

| > Anybody run into something like this before? Could it be a simple | > matter of replacing a battery or something? (I couldn't find any | > descriptions via Google that matched my problem, so I'm not so sure.) | >

| > Many thanks in advance for the help... | >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

** TOP POSTING FIXED **

And he will need a 6160 to see what's going on! Maybe he can call Sarasota or Brazil to find a workaround in 120 minutes or less telephonically.

Reply to
West Alarm

Unfortunately Sarasota Slime knows diddly about Ademco. Come to think of it, he doesn't know much about Napco either. "Attention Burglar! Go ahead make my day!"

Reply to
Frank Olson

I dunno about others, but I usually set my keyfobs to those higher zones. If you don't have any keyfobs, just disable those zones. And if you have keyfobs, remember to enable all four (4) buttons, even if you have to set the fourth one to null. Not enabling the fourth button may give you problem like you've described.

Have you been messing around with your system lately ? Another thing to check is if you don't have zone expander enabled by accident but I doubt a Vista 15 can assign hardwire zones to those numbers.

Reply to
A.J.

Many thanks for all of the suggestions. Pretty easy to eliminate a lot of the options... I don't have keyfobs, and am using a pretty restricted set of zones with only a few trips hooked in. *grin*

It turned out that unplugging the system and removing the battery to force the whole thing into a complete reset was enough to do the trick. Everything is working again.

Again, thanks to all, and especially Crash Gordon who won the booby prize!

Reply to
iRate

I have it on good authority that Crash enjoys boobies.

Reply to
West Alarm

Frank Olson inspired greatness with:

What good is he then?

Reply to
West Alarm

I love boobies!

| >Again, thanks to all, and especially Crash Gordon who won the booby | >prize! | | | I have it on good authority that Crash enjoys boobies. | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Crash Gordon inspired greatness with:

I knew it!

Reply to
Western Alarm

does that mean that he gets to see yours, or a new set for himself?

Reply to
Tommy

Yeaaaa Boobies!!!

Reply to
Tommy

dem boobies is mine...youse get yer own

| > Again, thanks to all, and especially Crash Gordon who won the booby | > prize! | | | does that mean that he gets to see yours, or a new set for himself? | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Crash Gordon inspired greatness with:

damn you Crash, I need a peek too.

Reply to
Western Alarm

new header

Reply to
Western Alarm

Women's Poem >

Crash Gord> dem boobies is mine...youse get yer own

Reply to
secure15

ROFLOL good one

Reply to
Barney

I think that if you really break this down to basics, all women really want is a credit card with a penis.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.