Looking for Canadian Supplier of SLA Batteries

They don't here either, but Burtek does, and the future of that is in question since the two merged.

Reply to
Matt Ion
Loading thread data ...

I guess they need it for all those toys they're painting and selling to Mattel.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Because the regular price for Genisys/Yuasa is now like 20 bucks! I used to pay 11.25 a month or two ago...and couple of bucks less for the cheapos.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Nope the Ultratech went way up too.

| Bass Home Electronics | 941-925-8650 | 4883 Fallcrest Circle | Sarasota · Florida · 34233 |

formatting link
| =============================>

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

He hasn't drop shipped one in a good long time. Business must be slooowwww. js

Reply to
Buggs

I bought 4 cases on sale today, and renegotiated an on-going price with "them" today. Told my rep. I'd just reopen my old Interstate account if they were gonna charge me rack-rate.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Oh yeah the "story" is; China is enforcing their excise (?) tax, PLUS the price of lead went up

Reply to
Crash Gordon

OK, gotcha. I haven't asked but I wonder if Honeywell also owns Ultratech since they sell them for a much lower price than Yuasa.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I just looked and they're still under $10.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Wouldn't you like to think so? :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I heard from another distributor that lead prices were up. Maybe China is buying it up to paint toys for Wal-Mart.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I'm loaded, but that price looks good. How long do you keep 'em on the shelf? js

Reply to
Buggs

I like to age them at least a year before using them - we will use no battery before it's time.

4 cases will last abt a month for me...kinda depends though, I used 3 on one system today and 1 on the house across the street from that one...so I'm down 4 before I even got home from ADI.
Reply to
Crash Gordon

Aged lead, ah yes. Nothing finer. I wonder how long they've been sitting around before we get them. I used to know how to read the date code, but that information must have been stored in brain cells I killed off long ago. js

Reply to
Buggs

depends on the manu. some put the year first, then month then something else. that's probably why they go on sale every now and then...to rotate their stock.

| > 4 cases will last abt a month for me...kinda depends though, I used 3 | > on one system today and 1 on the house across the street from that | > one...so I'm down 4 before I even got home from ADI. | | Aged lead, ah yes. Nothing finer. | I wonder how long they've been sitting around before we get them. I used to | know how to read the date code, but that information must have been stored | in brain cells I killed off long ago. | js | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.