Looking for Canadian Supplier of SLA Batteries

I need around a dozen of NP18-12 type (12V 18Ah) batteries. Any recommendations for Canadian suppliers (Vancouver even better)?

Thanks.

Reply to
R-Guy
Loading thread data ...

Tried Burtek? I've "repaired" a number of dead SOHO-sized UPSs with

12V/7Ah batteries from them... dunno if they have the 18Ah specifically, but that's probably good place to look first.
formatting link
their Vancouver outlet is in Burnaby near BCIT.

You could also try Polar Battery on Boundary Rd., I got an oddball-dimensioned 7.5Ah battery for another UPS from them.

formatting link
costs a little more there though, as they're retailers, where Burtek is a wholesaler.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Call Serva-Lite Sales (Richmond, B.C.)

formatting link
They are wholesalers (and very good guys).

Reply to
Frank Olson

Thanks for that, Frank... added to my links in case I need any lighting stuff :)

Reply to
Matt Ion

Try Burtek at 4185 Dawson St in Burnaby. The phone is 604-299-5776. The sign on the door may say ADI by now though. Tri-Ed also has an office at 3006 Beta Ave. in Burnaby. Their phone is 604-257-0800. If neither of those will sell to you (they're not supposed to but they do it all the time if none of their regular customers are in the store) try Anixter at 18371 Blundell Road in Richmond. The phone is

604-276-0366.
Reply to
Robert L Bass

They're a distributor for Begelli exit lighting as well as Mircom and Notifier fire alarm products. On the latter they have better pricing than Viking but you still need Viking to program the higher end panels and perform the VI. They also handle a huge selection of SLA batteries (at better prices than Burtek, Tried, or ADI). Sorry, I should say "Burtek/ADI" seeing as how the two have merged. Dunno what that's going to do for Paradox. I can foresee a bit of a "conflict" shaping up there. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

BTW, dealer cost on those batteries runs about $70-75, depending on how much the dealer buys. If you have enough room in the cabinet you can get slightly better reserve power at a lower cost by wiring three UT-1270 (12 Volts x 7 Amp Hours) batteries in parallel. ADI currently sells those for less than $10 each.

One of our distributors said last week that prices on Yuasa and ELK Products batteries are about to go up between 10% and 20%. AFAIK, there's been no word of a change from Ultratech though.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

And they're a tad on the expensive side on the bigger SLA's.

They sell "DSC" batteries. Rebadged super cheap (read crappy) batteries (and I haven't seen anything larger than a 12v7AH on the shelf lately).

Their primary market is wire and cable (and they're expensive there too). They're on a par with Burtek/ADI when it comes to battery pricing. Stick to the environs around Sarasota, Bass. Here, you're just a big fish out of water.

Note to Matt: Tevelec has some of the best pricing on quad, and Cat 5 that I've seen for awhile.

Reply to
Frank Olson

That tells me you don't buy many. I haven't seen pricing like that on an 18AH battery since I saw one *installed*.

Ahhhahahahahahahahahaha! The guy needs twelve 18AH batteries... Using your "solution" would require thirty-six 7AH batteries and a "jungle" of wire... What a maroon!!

Isn't "Yuasa" now "Enersys"? I guess you missed that email. I'd suggest you buy from the "other" distributor of yours.

That's because the distributor that handles them in your neck of the woods is already goug- errrmmm - charging you "bottom feeder" pricing.

Reply to
Frank Olson

I dunno... it's been a little while now, and I haven't noticed any real change to the Paradox displays in Burtek's showroom (don't get over to the ADI store very often). Ah well, not too worried about it, as we really don't do alarms OR lighting except on rare occasions. I keep plenty busy enough with CCTV stuff :)

Reply to
Matt Ion

Thanks for that too, I'll look'em up. Trying to gradually move to all Cat-5 for CCTV stuff, using baluns for analog, but it's a tad on the expensive side still (mostly balun cost).

Reply to
Matt Ion

About the least expensive SLA battery vendor in our area is

formatting link
shows Canada on their map, so it maybe an option for you.

Reply to
Roland More

The price at ADI for 1270s has skyrocketed to 19.50 (that's amost 100% increase in a few months)!! Supposedly due to China buying up lead. Who knows. You can still get them cheaper if you complain.

| Bass Home Electronics | 941-925-8650 | 4883 Fallcrest Circle | Sarasota · Florida · 34233 |

formatting link
| =============================>

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

I just got a sale flyer, they're listed at $11.50. js

Reply to
Buggs

Yep they're on sale, and I'm stocking up this time.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If you mean NO-1270's, yes, those have gone up drastically. Other distributors have also raised battery prices recently, though not as much as ADI did with Yuasa. The UT-1270 (ADI calls it an IM-1270 but it's the Ultratech model) still sells for less than $10. They last just as long as Yuasa / Enersys batteries.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

We're paying less than $10 as the regular price. How is $11.50 a "sale" price? I suspect you're getting jiminexed in the olson.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Something sure as hell is going on. I go to Burtek/ADI now to order

1738 panels and they tell me they are back ordered by 1000 of them nation wide. Nor can I get the wireless add on kit because it's now obsolete (in spite of the fact that the brass at Paradox tell me that both are still available). All sorts of problems beginning to appear with the availability of various Paradox products through Burtek. Then I go down the street to my locksmith wholesaler and he has everything Paradox sells in stock, and in large quantities.

I think the guy responsible for ordering at Burtek/ ADI is asleep at the switch !! Either that, or there is a rift beginning to develop because of conflicting priorities vis a vis lines of panels to be pushed.

RHC

Reply to
tourman

When did ADI start carrying Paradox? They don't down here that I know of

Reply to
Mark Leuck

ADI and Burtek have merged. I believe ADI and Richardson are going the same way. I don't think ADI will be stocking or distributing Paradox panels or motions. I believe Paradox will be looking for distribution through other channels, which is a damned shame.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.