Looking for a cellular driven motion detection system...

I have a situation where I am renting self-storage space. I literally do not have room to bring the stuff to my little apartment. Lately my self-storage shed has been burgled twice in the last 2 months, strange that not alot of stuff has been taken. Very odd circumstances... I have been scouring the internet for a system and have not been able to find it. The storage unit has no power, and no landline phone. I am looking for a motion detector unit, battery powered, silent, and calls a phone number if tripped via cellular. Has anyone heard of such a unit? Where can I get one? I have also been looking for "thief markers", but in the form of grenade, visible light, none of this black light UV stuff, bright neon pink, takes weeks to wear off...LMAO! Man would I love to find something like that! Rig up a box marked "valuables"...whammo!...and the thieving dude will be known as "Pinky" by all his friends until the law nabs him...LMAO! Bright neon orange would work also, like a clay pigeon...lol. The scenario is like this, get a call from the motion detector at 3 AM, Pinky opens the unfortunate box, whammo! Now the cops are looking for a glow in the dark pink ghost fool at 3 AM! Any ideas are welcome.

Reply to
whrlwnd2
Loading thread data ...

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net Any ideas are welcome.

No power, no alarm. How do expect to keep the cell phone charged?

Reply to
Shinola

Do you think a solar power cell would work? If so, you could power a small alarm panel and cellular communicator with it. You'll need a deep cycle battery with lots of capacity to maintain the system when sunlight is in short supply.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Do you have a lightbulb in that space? That could be a source of A/C with an adapter. Maybe you could get with the owner of the place and find a nearby space and put an alarm box with wireless receiver where there is power (and phone line) and use wireless transmitters to protect your space. With a little cooperation from the owner you could "share" the cost with others there renting spaces and perhaps even turn a small profit.

Reply to
Roland Moore

"Profit"... Now you're talkin'! :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

There are setups out there with motion detectors and digital cameras, all battery powered. The power source would only have to power the detector until it was tripped, then the cellular would be activated and call you. Cell phones eat batteries, I don't turn mine on until I place a call, then I turn it back off again.Batteries last longer this way. How much power does a motion detector use anyway? After watching Mythbusters the other day a plain old bed sheet can foil a motion detector anyway. They didn't say why it worked though...? The more I think of it, ordering some Mr Clearout is the best bet...lol Pinky would now be called Pouty...LMAO!

Reply to
whrlwnd2

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.