small cheap ptz cam

anyone know of a small cheap dome-type ptz camera i can turn upside-down and mount on the roof of my van?

yah it's googy but it's be a cool backup camera...im getting tired of knocking over old ladies.

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

If they don't like the way you drive, let 'em stay off the sidewalk.

This one's not PTZ, but the price is right:

formatting link

Reply to
alarman

Not a PTZ but there is a wireless camera with monitor at BJ's and maybe Walmart that is designed to be installed above your license plate for a rear view. I put mine on my right side at the roof rack because I have a hard time looking to the right due to no glass in side doors.

Here is the best part. Cost only $89.00 + tax

Check this site for more info if you desire. www.vr-3com

Disclaimer: I am just a satisfied user and will make no profit what so ever from the above company. Buyer Beware. Your results may differ. 9 out of

10 doctors agree. Here a . there a . everywhere a . .

:-)

Reply to
ABLE_1

Yeah, I have see one at walmart simalar to what you describe. Never seen one in action though.

Reply to
Tommy

that's 75 bucks for just the mounting arm...they rest of their pricing is way high.

| > yah it's googy but it's be a cool backup camera...im getting tired of | > knocking over old ladies. | | If they don't like the way you drive, let 'em stay off the sidewalk. | | This one's not PTZ, but the price is right: |

formatting link
| js | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I thought it was too good, should have read further. js

Reply to
alarman

For my use of backing out of my driveway and being able to see up the street to my right it is priceless. Well worth the $89.00 IMHO. Seeing as how what it would cost if I tried to put a small camera/monitor and something to reverse the image would exceed $350++. And this is wireless. I thought that if it only works for 1 year it was well worth it.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

I bought the Walmart (VR-3) one today. Didn't mount it on the license plate though. We drilled out the right rear reflector casing and hid it in there works great in the daylight...it's probably on 1 lux. So it looks kinda sideways. It'll be fine..and can't go wrong for under hundred bucks...woulda been bad if I cracked the tailight housing though.

I'll take a pix of it tomorrow incase anyone is interested in doing this.

Really no wires to run with this thing either...just taps into the backup lights and since I mounted it in the tailight housing...piece o'cake.

| >

| >>> yah it's googy but it's be a cool backup camera...im getting tired | >>> of knocking over old ladies. | >>

| >> If they don't like the way you drive, let 'em stay off the sidewalk. | >>

| >> This one's not PTZ, but the price is right: | >>

formatting link
| >> js | | I thought it was too good, should have read further. | js | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

YEP....pretty cool...thanks for the lead. I mounted mine inside the right rear tailight enclosure aiming almost sideways. Very nice...and cant beat the price! No wires to run!

| >> Here is the best part. Cost only $89.00 + tax | >>

| >> Check this site for more info if you desire. www.vr-3com | >>

| >> Disclaimer: I am just a satisfied user and will make no profit what so | >> ever from the above company. Buyer Beware. Your results may differ.

9 | >> out of 10 doctors agree. | >> Here a . there a . everywhere a . . | >>

| >> :-) | >>

| >>

| >>

| >>

| >>> anyone know of a small cheap dome-type ptz camera i can turn upside-down | >>> and | >>> mount on the roof of my van? | >>>

| >>> yah it's googy but it's be a cool backup camera...im getting tired of | >>> knocking over old ladies. | >>>

| >>>

| >>>

| >>

| >>

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Glad you likie!!!

When you say taillight housing do you mean the lens. If so you just failed state inspection here. I hooked my up to a hot circuit so that I have picture all the time. Really helps at those bad intersections where you just can't see right.

YEP....pretty cool...thanks for the lead. I mounted mine inside the right

Reply to
ABLE_1

Yes, in the tailight in the top section where the reflector (only) resides. You can hardly see it and since it's in the reflector section it doesn't effect the backup or signal lights...and out here they don't give a shit anyway.

I was thinking of having it hot all the time and may still do so, but it's night vision is lacking...I'm guessing it's 1+ lux only. It handles the direct sun pretty well for what it is.

I'll post a picture of it later...came out slick. When I'm parked in my driveway I can see the sidewalk and street...perfect. Now I want more!

| >

| >

| > | >> Here is the best part. Cost only $89.00 + tax | > | >>

| > | >> Check this site for more info if you desire. www.vr-3com | > | >>

| > | >> Disclaimer: I am just a satisfied user and will make no profit what | > so | > | >> ever from the above company. Buyer Beware. Your results may differ. | > 9 | > | >> out of 10 doctors agree. | > | >> Here a . there a . everywhere a . . | > | >>

| > | >> :-) | > | >>

| > | >>

| > | >>

| > | >>

| > | >>> anyone know of a small cheap dome-type ptz camera i can turn | > upside-down | > | >>> and | > | >>> mount on the roof of my van? | > | >>>

| > | >>> yah it's googy but it's be a cool backup camera...im getting tired | > of | > | >>> knocking over old ladies. | > | >>>

| > | >>>

| > | >>>

| > | >>

| > | >>

| > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Crash, in these parts a crack in your lens can fail inspection. A couple of years ago my fog lights lens fell off. Would have been way to expensive to find a replacement but couldn't leave it that way since it didn't pass inspection. Found it less expensive or a pain to remove them altogether.

And yes it has a very black screen at night. But then not a problem since I don't drive the service van at night very much. Also I think it may have a

2.6mm lens - very wide pic.

If you do get another let me know how they work together. It would seem that for the price it may have the freq code therefore would have a hard time competing for signal. Then again I may be wrong.......................although it will be the first time this year.

Les

Reply to
ABLE_1

Apparently they give you a great close-up view of a woman kissing a baby, at least judging from the picture on the website:

formatting link
Canadian Tire sells these (or something just like it) in Canada.

Reply to
Matt Ion

Yea this is very important if she is do it right behind your bumper.

Stupid Advertiser/Marketing people. That picture is what made me but mine, for sure.

Reply to
ABLE_1

We have inspections here too, but it's emissions stuff only...not safety - they could care less if you have breaks, as long as you're not emitting hydrocarbons when you run down the little old ladies.

I doubt that two cams will work at the same time, I was thinking of maybe switching between two. I'll let you know if I do try this...but first I need to buy more interior van stuff.

| > I was thinking of having it hot all the time and may still do so, but it's | > night vision is lacking...I'm guessing it's 1+ lux only. It handles the | > direct sun pretty well for what it is. | >

| > I'll post a picture of it later...came out slick. When I'm parked in my | > driveway I can see the sidewalk and street...perfect. Now I want more! | >

| >

| >

| >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | > | >> Here is the best part. Cost only $89.00 + tax | > | > | >>

| > | > | >> Check this site for more info if you desire. www.vr-3com | > | > | >>

| > | > | >> Disclaimer: I am just a satisfied user and will make no profit | > what | > | > so | > | > | >> ever from the above company. Buyer Beware. Your results may | > differ. | > | > 9 | > | > | >> out of 10 doctors agree. | > | > | >> Here a . there a . everywhere a . . | > | > | >>

| > | > | >> :-) | > | > | >>

| > | > | >>

| > | > | >>

| > | > | >>

| > | > | >>> anyone know of a small cheap dome-type ptz camera i can turn | > | > upside-down | > | > | >>> and | > | > | >>> mount on the roof of my van? | > | > | >>>

| > | > | >>> yah it's googy but it's be a cool backup camera...im getting | > tired | > | > of | > | > | >>> knocking over old ladies. | > | > | >>>

| > | > | >>>

| > | > | >>>

| > | > | >>

| > | > | >>

| > | > | >

| > | > | >

| > | > | | > | > | | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

YES...and it was a lovely peel off screen.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If she's that close it's probably too late, anyway.

Reply to
Tommy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.