Local ADT "Authorized Dealer" violating Florida law

Norm used it because he doesn't cuss much.. :^}

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy
Loading thread data ...

Of course it would be the "Bass" version.....which has no meaning at all.......

Norm Mugford

Reply to
Norm Mugford

The pizza is, it said so in the ad

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Actually, no. There are no apples or oranges but possibly some real lemons. If you advertise something and something can be anything because it doesn't matter what it is, if you advertise something for 'free' when in fact its not 'free' at all and some other conditions must be met, it is a SCAM. And Florida and Arizona are the two biggest scam states in the country which is why so many scam land deals operate out of those two states.

Fair market value, real preperty, labor... a scam is a scam. Either the item is free and you are under no obligation whatsoever or its not free. This is quite simple and nothing else enters into it. Either it really is free or it isn't.

Is the 'free' cellphone free? Is the 'free' satellite dish free? Is the 'free' alarm system free? Is the 'free' pizza free?

The answer is no. No if's, no and's, no but's... just NO.

Reply to
thesatguy

I don't believe that was ever in question. I agree with you that the program has been abused and hurt the industry, but for clarification sake, it is only a scam when the program, in its entirety, is not disclosed to the consumer. If the consumer, after acknowledging that they understand the program and its consequences, still proceeds, then it isn't a scam, just a bad decision and not illegal. The "deceptive trade practice", at this point, is absent.

And that is why there are laws surfacing in Florida against such practices.

which is

That was years ago, and to tell you the truth, I only wish I now owned some of that swamp land they were selling back then, because today, there are multi-million dollar homes sitting on it.

Agreed

Well, unfortunately other things do enter into it. Laws aren't made until government feels there is a need and that usually stems from consumer complaints. Some people actually put high priority on their safety and wellfare, even if they didn't use their best judgement on the purchase. The consumer entered into and ageement in good faith, and in many instances the company didn not act in good faith or even ethics. When enough complaints hit the AG office, it was looked into and something was done. People change their cellphone service like they change their underwear. They don't complain, they just change taking their number with them. No one complains about the pizza, they just don't call them again, and people don't complain about the dish because it is simply entertainment. All have different levels of consumer personal concern and obvioustly there were enough complaints on security systems that the Florida government did something. Actually, the assistant AG told me that it was the #1 complaint that was coming into the AG office at the time of the Press Release.

Either it really is

Again, I agree but you're preaching to the choir. If you are so passionate about this, rally the troops and go to your government, but let me warn you, if it is not handled properly, your concerns will be dismissed as self serving and/or complaints over competition, which will get you no where. You will need proof of consumer abuse as well as their backing. More of a consumer advocate role rather than a contractor.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.