ADT DEALER - A shining example for work safety.

formatting link
Yep. Both sides same thing. Aluminum ladders.

Reply to
John Smith
Loading thread data ...

Not the best picture in the world, so I'm not sure I see your point.

You were expecting fiberglass ladders?

At nearly double the cost, I think not.

- Chris

Reply to
CH®IS

I'm not getting the point, care to elaborate ?

Reply to
Effenpig1

I am sure OSHA would love seeing them work off them on a job site some where. aluminum ladders are for painters and residential use. where there's no possibility of not contacting electrical wires . I know for a fact I am one of the few alarm contractors in my area who has all the required safety equipment for climbing including 4 point harness etc.

Reply to
nick markowitz

I do not allow aluminum ladders on my truck or on any job site where I am the prime contractor. Its been tempting over the years to get on a multifold ladder of some kind, but the fiberglass ones are very heavy when you can even find one, and the weight rating is usually too low for me.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Sounds slightly anal-retentive to me, I don't have a problem with aluminum ladders and never felt the need for a 4 point harness. Then again my jobs were mostly residential.

Reply to
mleuck

Some generals I have worked for prohibited aluminum ladders also, and I have done a lot of commercial and some industrial. Never was a problem for me. I refuse to allow aluminum ladders.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I have no problem with someone deciding not to use them and depending on the work they do I also have no problem with someone who does use them

Reply to
mleuck

Until you reach through a drop ceiling and see the floating ends of the grid arcing to the angle on the wall. LOL. About then you are really glad you are standing on a fiberglass ladder.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

You'll end up like this fool:

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan

You'll be fine as long as you don't have sweaty feet ;)

All my ladders are fiberglass except for the one I use most, my super light 6 foot aluminum stepladder, It's great for small residential where you move the ladder 2000 times a day.

Reply to
Effenpig1

As a tech for ADT in Chicago, I can say, our office only uses fiberglass ladders

Reply to
techie

Of course they could be wearing Faraday suits on the job sites.

-- YOP...

Reply to
Nicko

I would be more concerned with the ladders the installers use, I don't really think it matters what the office people use

Reply to
Effenpig1

Nah, just aluminum foil hard hat liners.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I have not owned an aluminum ladder in atleast 15 years.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Heh, yeah... good one. ;-)

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.