Graphical Keypads

I am looking for guidance concerning Ademco graphical keypads. As I understand it, the two available are the "6270" (black & white) and the "8132-i" (color) a.k.a. Symphony (I heard they quit making the non "i" version - why?).

If a person was to go with the Symphony, but DIDN'T get the data services package, would it be correct to say that it would be just like the 6270 (except in color)? What differences? Would any internet connectivity exist (such as e-mail)?

Lastly, are there any graphical keypads/systems out there that DO offer internet connectivity without a special subscription?

Reply to
gymfolks
Loading thread data ...

I have a customer using the symphony without the data service but eventually will when he gets a high speed connection and its like the color version of black and white graphic key the extras are when you pay for the data service you get weather etc. i know of no freebies out there.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

The B & W version has no internet connectivity at all. It's just a touch screen. It has limited "features", and it's not very configurable. Not sure what all the color symphony has, but the B & W version is just a keypad

Reply to
Michael

Yup

For doing what you want none

Nope

Nope

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I'm trying to envision why anyone would want to stand at they're keypad to check their email. It'd be really handy to display messages to the kids though...Johnny, go back out and get a pound of baloney when you get home dont forget to close the garage door behind you and then let the cat out the back and then paint the garage. More nags.

| >

| >

| > If a person was to go with the Symphony, but DIDN'T get the data services | > package, would it be correct to say that it would be just like the 6270 | > (except in color)? | | Yup | | > What differences? | | For doing what you want none | | > Would any internet connectivity exist | > (such as e-mail)? | | Nope | | > Lastly, are there any graphical keypads/systems out there that DO offer | > internet connectivity without a special subscription? | | Nope | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Strange but there are people out there that do

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.