Just checking

I wonder if the group is working now........

Reply to
Russell Brill
Loading thread data ...

Has been all along...

Reply to
Matt Ion

Despite a dysfunctional and cancerous member...

Reply to
Julian

That qualifys us for ADA approved status group:)

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

What provisions does one make to comply with ADA for someone who's an arrogant, nasty son of a bitch, like Bass, who's going to die of cancer shortly?

How about taking up a collection for a funeral arrangement of flowers?

Let me be the first to contribute.

Although we might come to odds about what the accompanying note is going to say.

Reply to
Jim

Heh, heh, heh... :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Robert Have you heard of radiation and chemo putting some one into a fast heart beat as one of side effects. Had a heart rate 155 monday night they kept me overnight for precautions and have me on a very small dose of a beta blocker for next 30 days as a precaution. They ran all the tests everything came back normal no idea what caused it.. Couple other chemo patients have told me they had a similar experince.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

That happened to both my Mom and Dad. The doctor told us that while there was no actual physical cause he could discern, the chemo and radiation treatments affect people differently. Keep in mind that what you're going through isn't "normal" by any stretch. Take care, Nick. God Bless.

Reply to
Frank Olson

A similar thing happened to my sister during the course of her chemo treatments. That 155 heart rate must have been very uncomfortable for you. Hopefully they'll soon get that under control.

Reply to
Just Looking

Nick,

This stuff varies widely depending on which chemo you're taking. There are hundreds (thousands?) of combinations. Mine was a mixture of a platinum-derivative and something else (I put the records away but I can retrieve them if needed). To counteract the chemo/poison they started each treatment with a huge dose of Benadryl.

My pulse actually slowed somewhat during the treatments (might have been the Benadryl). I've always had slightly low blood pressure but it never became an issue during my chemotherapy.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

They have me on 5FU continous infusion hopefully my pump comes off tomorrow there giving me an extra week treatment,

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

Did they say the treatment was palliative or curative? The latter is better (means they expect you to win).

Was this because they saw good progress and hope to make you better by extending it? I hope so, Nick. Whatever they say or do, know that a lot of people are praying for you. I believe that has been a significant part of my recovery. I know for a fact it's the only reason my brother (Stage IV lung cancer with metastesis to the brain, lymph nodes, etc., nearly 10 years ago) is alive today.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

They did not say but it is normally palative. how ever i plan on beating this regardless what they say.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

last radiation treatment and hopefully last day of chemo treatment today. hope i hear good news from doctor today.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

About the same as always; like every newsgroup, it's got it's share of spammers, hate mongers, and others from various "fringe groups", but it works as well as those who contribute want it to work ! It's a democracy don't you know....!!!

Yah just gotta dig a little harder lately through all the s**t to find good information.

RHC

Reply to
tourman

If you'll remember Bob. Way back in the beginning I told you that you'd have to dig though the bullshit to find the diamonds.

That's still the case ..... but it will end ..... fairly soon.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.