home security systems

I want to have a security system installed as I will be out of town alot. I live in the Minneapolis area and wondering if anyone has an opinion as to a good company with which to deal. The national ones here include ADT, Brinks, and Honeywell as well as a number of small local firms.

Reply to
richirt
Loading thread data ...

formatting link
These folks have good prices and excellent customer service. I have no affiliation ... just a happy customer. Their email tech support is above average.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from Robert L. Bass!

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Sorry, this was meant for another poster who was asking about a do-it-yourself install.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

My best advice would be to have a look around the neighborhood. Talk to your neighbors! Whose signs are visible? Which ones are "local" firms? Check out their reports at the local BBB. Call three of them and ask for a review. Make sure all three quote the same equipment (i.e. number (and type) of motions, number of doors and windows, keypads, etc.) so you can compare "apples to apples". Ask them to leave a copy of their monitoring agreements so you can review their terms at your leisure. Don't succumb to (or tolerate) "pressure tactics". A reputable firm won't be using that.

A really good resource is

formatting link
Good luck!!

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Thank you, that information is very helpful.

Reply to
richirt

You'll find lots more at

formatting link
The information on the CANASA site (even though it's run by a bunch of "Canadians") is still pretty useful as well. One of the best links on that page is the one to Wayne Alarms "museum".

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.