Hey Tom!!

It appears Worthy's now on the RLB official "ignore" list... and dang... you missed out in the pool too...

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

Son of a bitch!!!!!!! I feel bad for Worthy now that he's off the Bass Lead Line. He'll need Red Cross aid just to get by. Anyone want to chip in to send Bob Worthy a CARE package now that the flood of moolah from the millions of Bass referrals has ended?

Hey Bob Worthy, do you like white or brown rice?

Reply to
no wires showing

He is reading, just not replying. He did, however, let me know that my bass fishing post was boring by posting a [yawn]. He will be back when the sting of the last debate heals and he feels that everyone has forgotten it. If he looked up the proposed language in the Florida legislation package I referred him to, he is trying to figure out how to get around the added language that says, "In addition, the term alarm contractor, shall also mean any person, firm or corporation, that engages in the business of alarm contracting under an express or "implied contract", or that undertakes, offers to undertake, "purports to have the capacity to undertake" or submits a bid to engage in the busineess of alarm contracting as described in this part, or that does itself by or "through others" engage in the business of alarm contracting". Maybe that is why he is making the decision to finally get out of the monitoring contract business.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Beggars can't be chooser's. Throw in some of that canned Spam, block cheese, dried eggs, powdered milk, and that wonderful creamy peanut butter. Back in the early 50's when my dad first got back from Korea, I experienced these wonderful gourmet items.Buy hey, I lived to tell about it.

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

At your age...It's a miracle that your memory still works...... But then I always heard that Spam had strange effects on some people.

Norm Mugford

Reply to
Norm Mugford

Just don't use the Spam jelly with that peanut butter and all will be good.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Ah!....Spam Jelly and Peanut Butter..........The good ole days....... Remember Black & White TV?......... That was even before BassHome Security

Norm Mugford

Reply to
Norm Mugford

You'll notice he didn't respond *directly* to you. As long as you don't go around posting information about his past behaviour, faulty logic, deliberate mis-interpretation, misrepresentation, and outright lies, he's affable, respectful, and dis-inclined to argue with you. He's not sure about how to take Rojas either (since he's teamed up with Mike on the "Alarm Associates" site)...

I agree with you about the last part, but he'll remember this "sting" for a long time and use anything you've posted that's the least bit contravertial against you when he's given the opportunity.

Nahh... I tend to believe him in that it's not proving itself to be the "profit centre" he thought it could be. I doubt he's at all successful in selling third party monitoring over the internet. Not only that, he's deliberately misrepresenting Alarm Central's interests by saying they're "UL Listed" when they're not (which I don't think goes over well at all). As for his 1.5 mil in sales, "the math" just doesn't work... Robert (on many occasions) has boasted his average DIY sale is about $350.00 (for a complete system). Using that number and his grossly inflated annual sales figure it translates to about 10 systems a day. He's also stated that he spends about two hours on the phone with each new sale (teaching the DIY'er how to install, set-up, and program the panel). 10 systems a day at 2 hours each translates to 20 hours on the phone... Sur-r-r-e!!!

A company receiving that many calls for tech support wouldn't have just one individual answering the phone. More-over, wouldn't let that kind of business slide while he basks in the sun in Bahia three times a year. There have been far too many former customers posting here that have expressed frustration over the fact that they couldn't call him or get answers to their e-mailed questions. I figure his sales probably gross about $200,000 per year (including the tube tops and the wicker furniture)... At "35%" profit that works out to a nice $45 - 50K a year which is nothing to sneeze at but hardly anything to really boast about (unless you're comparing sales with alarmsuperstore)... :-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Speaking of "BassHome"... When do the results of the official investigation become public??

Reply to
Frank Olson

I just came back from a trip to Hawaii. The people there THRIVE of Spam. Wherever you shop there are shelves full of Spam and advertising all over, even on TV. Strange!

Just like Sarasota Fla I'd guess. I hear that there, there's always a shortage of hamburger meat. A HUGE shortage.

Reply to
Jim

They had to ship it somewhere.

Yah know...........I wonder if the Hamburglar caught Mad Cow Disease which may explain alot.

>
Reply to
Bob Worthy

investigation

I think when it does, it will say "Returned due to insufficient evidence" It is the State's way of not opening a case for prosecution, but yet, not closing the door on the case, either. If they do, they can't use what has already been submitted if the case is reinvestigated when and if further evidence is furnished.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

"Frank Olson" wrote in message news:Ovdwe.1820502$6l.1769277@pd7tw2no...

I don't think Rojas cares one way of the other.....

contravertial

All I posted was "fact". He was so hell bent in one direction, because of his hatred for Mugford, that his posts were full of assumptions. I was contacted by the complaintant long before Norm knew anythng about it. I couldn't help stating what I knew to be true, right up to the reason for the complaint, regardless of his deep rooted feelings that Norm spearheaded the investigation. I am sure Norm got a chuckle out of hearing a complaint was filed but that was the extent of it. I suppose he could (and has proven to do so) twist the facts to use against me, but who is going to listen? He can't call my employer. He doesn't know where I but the majority of my product. He doesn't know my client base (well there is one). The regulars on the NG have already formed their opinions on both of us and the newbies always figure it out. My relatives don't live here, my kids are grown and gone, my pet died, my neighbor aready thinks I am a jerk, I was voted business man of the month (I guess he could call them and let them know that they made a mistake) but then again he doesn't know which business or what state, he might find my one home but not the other, he could find my office for the secuirty company, but would play hell getting past my secretary, he might find the cruise agency, but my wife might kick his ass. She doesn't put up with anything from me, she surely wouldn't put up with him. The other business is out of state, so he would have 49 others to check. Might keep him busy for a while. The people that know me wouldn't listen and the ones that don't wouldn't care anyway. Other than that, who is going listen to his rants. I would be happy to put my reputation, credintials and accomplishments up against his anytime. His only recourse is to do what he is doing now, an that is to ignore me.

Maybe that is why he is making the decision to finally

Fraud.....like when he was saying he was incorporated and wasn't.

As

The math was done before and he changed the subject. If you notice, when he can't explain or realizes he has trapped himself and has no where else to go, he drops out of the thread or switches direciton. Kicks and giggles.

I figure his sales probably gross about $200,000

He is supplementing his income by selling bulk hamburger grease to the Kountry Kitchen restrurants around the Sarasota area for their biscuits and gravy. Would that income be figured before taxes and social security? With the way he got his "pink" panties in a wad over the DBPR investigation, it would be a hoot to hear about an IRS audit. Oh crap!!......now if he does get audited, the IRS auditor will have to sit down and read all of the posts I have made refering to RLB.

which is nothing to sneeze

Trouble maker.......hehehehe

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Of that I'm certain. I was referring to a comment he made to me about Jim's "involvement" with "AlarmAssociates"...

They usually always are. He's quick to "assume" many things...

Misrepresenting a fact isn't "fraud". I'm sure the people that have purchased monitoring through his auspices are receiving value for their money. They'd find out soon enough that the station wasn't "UL Listed" if their insurance company needed a certificate. I suppose they could demand their money back at that point and as long as he complied it *still* wouldn't be "fraud".

Doug L's classic post invokes a number of Robert's favorite phrases that have become "Bassisms". That one's a "keeper".

I'm sure he'd also be "aghast"... ;-))

Who??? Moi??? ;-))

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.