Here we go again

Mr. Bush said Iran threatened the security of all nations and should be confronted "before it's too late".

What an idiot!

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

Yah, couldn't imagine Iran, of all places, being a threat to the already unstable middle east, let alone the world.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The biggest threat to world peace and to our own national security is George W. Bush.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Voice of an expert

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Nice sig line too... ;-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Yea I can't imagine where he got that from

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Takes one to know one.

Reply to
alarman

I bet he moves his lips when he reads

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Soon will have all of Iraq's oil, and then on to take all of Iran's Pistachio nuts! Starting with the biggest nut first, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Reply to
Roland Moore

*sigh* and here I thought I'd left the third grade far behind...
Reply to
Matt Ion

Third graders tend to move their lips when they read, its part of the learning process

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I've read here that Robert Bass is not eligible to vote because of a felony conviction. If this is true then I take solace in knowing Robert Bass is prohibited by law from entering a voting booth. It makes me feel my vote counts in an extra special way.

Reply to
Edmund Fitzgerald

Don't believe everything you read, especially in ASA.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Even it is was, how would anyone one know.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

We do know...

1. He IS a convicted felon
  2. Convicted felons are not allowed to vote in the state of Florida
  3. Convicted felons are not allowed to carry firearms in the state of Florida
  4. The only way he could be eligable for #2 and #3 is if he was pardoned by the govenor

He can tell us don't believe everything yet he admits nothing, gotta keep appearances you know

Reply to
Mark Leuck

They wouldn't but that never stopped them from acting as though they did.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Except for the fact that it's public information and has been looked up at least twice by two of your pals. Oh, and the little fact that you admitted it too.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I recently read an article on what a zealot is.

I couldn't help but make a comparison.

Main Entry: zeal=EF=BF=BDot Function: noun Pronunciation: 'ze-l&t Etymology: Late Latin zelotes, from Greek zelOtes, from zelos

1 capitalized : a member of a fanatical sect arising in Judea during the first century A =EF=BF=BDd. and militantly opposing the Roman domination=

of Palestine

2 : a zealous person ; especially : a fanatical partisan

Main Entry: Partisan Function: noun Variants: also par=EF=BF=BDti=EF=BF=BDzan/'p=EF=BF=BDr-t&-z&n, -s&n, -"zan, = chiefly British "p=EF=BF=BDr-t&-'zan/ Etymology: Middle French partisan, from Old Italian partigiano, from parte part, party, from Latin part-, pars part

1 : a firm adherent to a party, faction, cause, or person ; especially : one exhibiting blind, prejudiced, and unreasoning allegiance.

See what comes to your mind upon reading some of the following observations, quotes, paraphrasing and descriptions, of the characteristics of a zealot.

First and foremost .......any talk about diminishing returns cannot be mentioned when speaking to a zealot. "If it saves just one human life, it is worth it" is usually the keynote phrase that identifies a zealot. These kind of comments put the zealot on a higher moral plain then others who consider mundane practical matters.

Putting themselves on the higher plain is the most important goal for a zealot. Not the actual subject being considered. Zealots have a vison of themselves as special people. In other words, they are ego driven. Of course, since it's about ego, there is no room for reconsideration on any subject, without giving the perception that they are equal to or less than other people. Ego always trumps mundane facts or logic. When a zealot pronounces his lofty position on a subject, cost has no bearing on obtaining his goal. It doesn't matter that the cost involved is usually well beyond the point of diminishing returns or the cost of what will be undone or will not be done, in other areas affected by solely concentrating on his lofty goals. Lofty goals and dramatic crusades must always be included and this obviously must consist of villains with the zealot being the hero. This is something that appeals to the young ( the heros and villains thing is why teens and young adults are so fervent in their naive quest for perfection) and it also always appeals to those who remain adolescents all of their lives.

The realities of life will force most people to grow up, whether we want to or not. But for people who have been protected from reality or who have been misguided by their parents into thinking they are "different" than other people, or whose parents were indifferent and were little involved in guiding them, maturity is optional. Unfortunately, the zealots, with their lofty view of the world and of other people, usually have an uncanny ability to stay within the law, while inciting others, who are lesser but more practical people, to a fervor. The "thousands natural shocks that flesh is heir to" (Shakespeare's Hamlet) have become a thousand reason for making laws and decisions that have made us vulnerable to those who would take our freedom.

Sound like anyone you know?

Reply to
Jim

If true, and that's looks to be a mighty huge if, the only reason he's telling you this is to make you go away.

Reply to
Edmund Fitzgerald

How would you know? Last we heard they were refusing to speak to you and were taking care of the wife you abandoned.

2 Silver or Bronze Stars on an E-6 doing his first tour? Highly unlikely.

Group Moderator

Reply to
Group Moderator

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.