Help with Vista 20PS Night-Stay Zones

Hello,

I have a Vista 20-PS and am trying to add an interior follower zone to the Night-Stay Zone list. According to my manual, the Night Stay list number is 5. So using *81 I've added this zone to list 5. Yet I still can't trip it during Night-Stay mode. It trips just fine during away mode. Yes, I've double checked its zone number, and have made sure the correct zone number is added to list number 5 in *81.

Any idea what could be wrong here?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail
Loading thread data ...

Bah. I figured it out. It was the damn 6270 keypad.

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

Arrrrrgh.... So if you configure "Night Setup" on the 6270 to "instant" then you don't get the night-stay zone list pulled in. But if you set it to "Night" you get entry delay (stupid - who wants entry delay at night???). And if you set it to "Maximum" you get all zones (interior and perimeter) with a chiming countdown (annoying because it wakes the baby up)....

Christ, can't you just configure Night-Stay to have no entry delay, no chiming countdown timer, and pull in only perimeter zones and zones in the night-stay zone list???

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

Heh. Assembled in Mexico != Designed in Mexico.

The workaround for now is to turn off the audible exit delay, and use the "Maximum" setting for the Night Mode. Not perfect. But it'll do.

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

Another satisfied American user of a Mexican Product...oooola!

Reply to
Jackcsg

Don't worry, the term "Walkaround" is a feature with most of the Honeywell product line, not just their alarm products.

Reply to
Jackcsg

The zone is properly listed in the zone list 5.

Yep.

The problem is the keypad. It is the 6270 touch screen keypad. The "Night" button is programmable by the keypad and can be programmed to "Away", "Instant", "Night", "Maximum" and a couple others. It was previously set to "Instant" which gave no entry delay. But apparently in "Instant" mode, Night doesn't pull in zone list 5. Setting it to "Night" does pull in zone list 5, but it also activates entry delay on perimeter zones. That's not what I want. And if I set it to "Maximum" it sets ALL zones (perimeter and Interior) in Night-Stay with no entry delay but also activates the audible exit delay (like you'd get in Away mode) which I have now turned off. This is fine because I don't currently have any interior zones that I would want bypassed at night anyhow. But it would be a huge flaw if I did.

Which keypad?

Reply to
briansgooglegroupemail

Night stay can be tricky.

In *81 you select zone list 5 then you enter the 2 digit zone number then * (that part can trip you up) then enter 00 and *.

you do not want to delete the list or the zone on your way out.

are you sure you are activating night-stay properly?

double tap the stay button

if the word night does not appear on the display then you either arn't activationg it right or didn't program the zone in list 5 right.

I use night-stay all the time and do not have any problems (I use the FA168cps version of your panel... same-same)

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Joe

Usually the FA260 (fixed word) and occasionally the FA560 (alpha) but have used 700's (the touch screen) but I always set them to night. the delay isn't an issue as I only put delays on 1 or 2 of the perimeter zones.

Reply to
Joe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.