New installation. Help needed.

OK, here's my setup. I posted here back in Feb when I was buying my new Vista 20P setup. I started installing it today. Got the whole thing in and hooked up. I have a 6160 keypad and a 6150 by the back door. Got both of them addressed and working.

I have the 2-wire smoke det on zone 1

1 motion detector on zone 2 with a resistor across it at the detector terminals 1 motion det on zone 3 same setup Front door mag switch on zone 4 with the resistor in the panel Back door mag switch on zone 5 with the resistor in the panel Window switch on zone 6, resistor in panel garage door switch on zone 7, resistor in panel zone 8 not being used, has a resistor in the panel

The whole thing powers up, but I get a fault 2, fault 3, fault 4 and fault 6 in the screen on the 6160. I can't figure why. The motion detector's LEDs light up when I walk thru the room. The smoke detector's green light is flashing every 5 seconds.

The 6150 is displaying 02, 03, 04, 06, FC and "not ready"

I have 2 wave2s connected, one in the garage and one in the hall. Both work fine.

I put the resistor across the 2 wires in the smoke detector. Is that where it goes? The instructions are vague, look like they want me to run 2 smoke detectors, but I only have 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm about ready to get hooked up with a monitoring company now.

Reply to
Injun Ear
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like your smoke is wired ok, but the resistors need to go in series with the devices on burg zones, not in parallel.

Reply to
alarman

OK! I put them in series and all is well now except that it goes off instantly no matter how I activate it. I put in my code and "stay" and as soon as I step into the hall the motion detector sees me and the siren starts screaming.

Reply to
Injun Ear

sounds like your zones are set for instant instead of interior. you will need a 6160 keypad to reprogram them to interior or interior delay zone type.

Reply to
nick markowitz

OK, I have now programmed the zones. But when I arm it in "Away", the siren gives a 1-second shriek. How can I get it to not do that and just beep the keypad??? I tried setting *37 to zero, but it still does it.

As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

>
Reply to
Injun Ear

turn off 38...confirmation of arming ding

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.