Want modem to call my Cell Phone on events.

Hi All, I am still trying to get my home monitoring system to call my cell phone when an event occurs. I am running a Dallas 1-Wire temperature monitoring program by Timo Sara-aho and it has a function to run an external program on high or low limits. In the past I used WTSqMail to send SMS to my cell and this worked great but I will ne discontinuing my cable modem for Dialup and will need another solution. My hardware is 400mhz Pentium running Win98CE with an internal 56k modem. I used a simple xxx.bat file to send the WTSqMail messages but I cannot get a bat file to echo a dialing string to the COM port.

Thanks in advance for any help. Dave

Reply to
Dave
Loading thread data ...

Not sure how much data you want but you can call your cell phone for simple events like hi-temp alarm, etc, easily without a computer. Just wire up a Radio Shack automatic dialer and have the dialer send DTMF codes. I recieve such codes on my digital pager, for example 46-46-46 means an automobile is approaching my house. I repeat the number for reliability thru redundancy.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Hi Nick, Thanks for the input but I already have a computer running 24x7 which monitors and stores temperatures around the house. It was great with the cable modem as SMS messages to the Cell explained what the condition was causing the alarm. If I can ever get the modem to dial the phone on events then I can send a series of tones after pickup to indicate the condition. My plan was not to add any more hardware to acomplish this and just reconfigure what I have running.

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Dave

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.