Help identifying our PCI Video Surveillance Card

Hi Gang,

I have a client with a 16 port video surveillance card. It's old and poorly labeled and the drive crashed so we don't have the drivers, just the software. There are no receipts and the company they bought it from was absolutely no help. If you know anything about video capture cards please take a look at these screen shots and tell me what brand you think it might be. The clear marking on it that looks like a model number is SVR-2000, which doesn't mean anything to me.

formatting link
Thanks, Christian Blackburn

Reply to
Christian Blackburn
Loading thread data ...

"Christian Blackburn" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@o11g2000prd.googlegroups.com...

when you plug it in the computer it is detected?

if so you can go into the device manager find the unknown device,go to the device ,double click on it and go to the advance section

in that section you will see a drop down menu witch contain only some choice go to the id number or something like that

this is the number on witch a computer know what device is connected to it,all device that is plug and play have a unique id number for a specific model..

google the number found and you will find the device manufacturer at a minimum,and if lucky you will found the exact device model...

Reply to
Petem

oups it could be the detail section of the driver and not the advance...

sorry my windows is French and cant exactly remember the labelling...

"Petem" a écrit dans le message de news:

8KVmi.17312$ snipped-for-privacy@weber.videotron.net...
Reply to
Petem

Is there an "FCC ID" number etched or silkscreened on the board anywhere?

Christian Blackburn wrote:

Reply to
Matt Ion

If you say you have the software then install it on some computer (that you don't care much about) and do a help and about to see who (what company) made the software (then uninstall it). Once you know that it should help with the rest of the puzzle. There have been a lot of companies that have come and gone in the CCTV DVR business. Even if the company that "made" that system is no longer in business you could still be in luck. There are so many of the garage based CCTV DVR "manufacturers" that simply purchased a grabber card and an SDK from a Korean or Taiwanese company that it is likely that someone still has a way to support your hardware. I know what I would call a garage manufacturer (he wouldn't call himself that of course) at

formatting link
that would probably know the answer with a phone call I bet (he is not a laid back vegan type however so he probably would charge you something to get you back in service). I suspect there is an update of the software available too. If you have the cash to spare you might want to consider using a RAID configuration (at least on the OS partition) on the DVR computer to avoid this drama in the future.

Reply to
Just Looking

Actually, didn't notice Firefox was zooming the pics down... the card does use a Conexant chipset, which is fairly common for a lot of capture cards (couldn't tell you offhand how many use the Fusion 878A chipset specifically).

In the second photo, there's a sticker in the bottom-right that's blurred/washed out... what does it say?

Reply to
Matt Ion

15101 102 (I th>> Hi Gang,

Reply to
Sue

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.