Covad decommissions their news server

I use Agent 4.2 news reader; have been using Agent for many years. I have found it to be lean and mean --- fast and easy to navigate. I am now faced with using Google Groups facility to get to alt.security.alarms, because Covad, my vendor, decided a few weeks ago to eliminate its news server because of a lack of traffic from its customers.

I do not like the manner in which Google displays the posts. Does anyone know if I can use Agent to access Google's news servers?

Reply to
chasbooth
Loading thread data ...

I don't think you can, but there are other NNTP services available, some free (with limited offerings), some pay (with broader options).

Reply to
Matt Ion

Does Agent support RSS feeds? I think Google is availabe via rss service now.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Thou my lady tongue. Thou bat-fowling, beggarly most unjust knave. Ye sibilated:

individual.net, 10 euro a year.

astraweb, $10 for 25GB, take as long as you want to use it.

octanews, $8 for 8 GB, take as long as you want to use it.

forte APN, makers of Agent, $2.95/month.

motzarella.org, free.

The first four I know for sure carry the group. I recommend individual.net, but you must post with a valid email address. next would be octanews, followed by astraweb, and I'd go for forte's APN offering absolute last, and only if I were insane. Forte use supernews and it's a very tightly filtered service, almost to the point of being useless. Supernews will block your posts to alt.test if their spam filters think you're spamming.

Don't thank me; just f*ck off and die. Horribly. Thanks.

Reply to
Kadaitcha Man

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.