Help! How to deactivate car alarm?

I disconnected the battery for a couple of weeks to do some repair work on my truck. When I reconnected battery after the repair was done, I found an alarm system was activated. It's preventing me from starting the engine. I didn't even know the truck was equipped with an alarm system before the incidence. The previous owner probably deactivated it when he sold the truck to me. I don't have the remote and alarm manual. I am wondering if there is a way to deactivate the alarm again. The alarm is an after-market device. I have no idea about the wiring on it. If you know how to fix this issue or where I can find help, please let me know. Thank you!

Reply to
mixedsig
Loading thread data ...

Oh yea the ole "I disconnected my battery and now the alarm is armed" excuse...

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Try X10. The guy posting about it all week makes it seem that system can do about anything so it should be able to disarm a car alarm.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Now that the class clowns have had their say...

Many car alams use a starter- or ignition-disable relay, which is simply a relay inserted in the starter or ignition lead and activated by the alarm. If it's an aftermarket alarm, this should be fairly easy to trace as the relay will usually be under the dash near the bottom of the steering column, in one of the larest wires you'll see. Once you find it, remove it and splice the wires back together, OR... leave it in, and simply replace that alarm brain with a new one that you DO have the remote for, making use of the existing starter kill and other installed features. Any decent alarm installer should have no problem tracking down the existing system.

Reply to
Matt Ion

it is not allowed inchina.

Reply to
novleo

thank you good idea.

Reply to
novleo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.