Removing battery sets off Conlog alarm

Hi, hope someone out there can assist me with a problem that is driving

me mad.

I recently bought a 1995 VW Golf GTI 8v (AGG Engine) fitted with what I

believe, was a dealer fit Conlog alarm system. Conlog has now been taken over by a company called 'Omniflex' , but any attempt to contact them about the problem is without response.

The original car battery was on its last legs, and needed charging every couple of days. The problem is that whenever there was charge left in the battery, I could not disconnect the battery without the alarm going off constantly. When the battery was discharged, it could be disconnected without problem.

Now that I have fitted a new battery to the car, I can't remove the earth lead without the alarm going off. I have tried the following methods, all to no avail.

1) using the conlog remote to disarm the alarm once it sounds.

2) arming and disarming the alarm and leaving the key in the ignition then disconnecting battery.

3) arming and disarming the alarm and leaving ignition on then disconnecting the battery.

I have heard that another possible route is to open the door with the key once alarm starts to sound, but unfortunately, the door key did not

come with car. I have a new set of door handles/locks with key, but haven't got round to fitting them yet.

Please, please, please....any suggestions???

Reply to
alanb
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.