Visix ELR1 (same as EverFocus EDSR100H/160) - Missing Power Supply

I recently picked up a Visix ELR1/160 (160Gb hard drive) without a power supply, and want to get it working. I've tried Visix, whose response was not very encouraging - they basically wanted to know all my details and where I got the item from, etc. I suspect I'm wasting my time with them It appears that the Visix is just a rebadged EverFocus EDSR100H, so I imagine it will have an identical power supply. The power supply has a round DB6 connector. Anyone know where I'd get a power supply?, or have a wiring diagram. I'm quite capable of wiring up a regulated power supply for it. Many thanks Kev PS these are really nice looking units, and apparently run some form of embedded Linux - I'd like to have a look at the operating system eventually

Reply to
Kev
Loading thread data ...

did you try everfocus?

formatting link

Reply to
Chub

I've tried EverFocus, but they wouldn't help as Videcon (Visix) look after the UK. So basically I'm stuck at the minute. Videcon may eventually get back to me, but with their attitude I guess they will try and stitch me up on price. My best bet will be find someone with a power supply and see if I can work out the supply voltages. It will be relatively straight forward then to knock up a power supply

Reply to
Kev

you can look up specs on everfocus website if it is a comparable unit.

Reply to
Chub

The power supply connector to the box, has six pins. I'd imagine that they are not all used, but it makes working out how to wire a power supply up a bit tricky.

Reply to
Kev

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.