GE GTS-50 Touchscren

Anybody have any feedback on this? I haven't ever recommended on to a customer partly because of the high price but mostly because I have no idea how well it works. Plus I've never been able to find it on the GE security web portal ( I know, I know, shocking, right?)

Reply to
Effenpig1
Loading thread data ...

They never released that one, GE is however releasing a different one for the Simon XT

GE does have the Smartcommand touchscreen however that is more home automation than security, a company called iControl created a touchscreen for the Concord that should be better.

formatting link

Reply to
mleuck

If they never released it how can online stores have it for sale?

Reply to
Effenpig1

They may have it on the website but they have no product, 3 sites show up on Google, one of them is RLB and I know he has no stock, the second one doesn't list it on the website and the third has it listed but no pricing..

Reply to
mleuck

Reply to
Effenpig1

Sent a request for info on the icontrol, looks like a broadband version of alarm.com. What I'm really interested in is whether the touchscreen is a "standalone" unit for direct connection to the Concord, or whether it needs additional equipment. That's the problem with the smartcommand, I think it requires additional equipment?

Reply to
Effenpig1

I've used the iControl main unit and at the time they were just getting into compatibility with the Honeywell Lynx and Vista panels, I saw some details of the keypad while it was in development. It looked interesting but I only saw some screenshots. The Smart Command needs to connect to a Smart Command control unit, other than that I don't know much about it however they have one up and running at our local Tri-Ed and it looks impressive and expensive

Reply to
mleuck

I just checked one of our distributors' monthly product feed and the GTS-50 is not listed as active. Distributors get their data from the manufacturers and pass it on to various online firms like mine on request. Unfortunately, GE marked this unit as an active product and assigned it a price though it seems it never was released. I took it down from my site. Sorry for the confusion.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.