Concord 4 - Not so new condition

Installed a Concord V4 today. When I unpacked it I noticed the individual components(antenna shroud, battery leads, etc.) were not in a sealed bag like they usually are, instead they were in a similar sized zip-lock type bag. Also the resistors were bent in a U-shape like the had all been previously installed on the terminals. I thought maybe it had been pulled off the line for quality control testing ( yeah, right ) . I powered it up to check function and found the installer code was not default, although the master code was. It wasn't a huge deal, alot of times I buy the whole panel just for the keypad, so I have plenty of extra panels. Probably not even worth sending back for a replacement. Still, wish there was a simple backdoor like the Concord Express.

Reply to
Effenpig1
Loading thread data ...

Fuck that. I would call the distributor and demand a brand new panel appear on my doorstep immediately.

Reply to
alarman

Actually, What would make me really happy is if they would send me a keypad in exchange. Seems more likely they will want to send me a new board. If I hadn't had another board to put in I would have been pretty pissed, but I would be in pretty sad shape to not have a few panels on hand anyway.

Reply to
Effenpig1

Yeah, it's the "pass the trash" thing that irritates me.

Reply to
alarman

Well, they will be getting it back with "DEFECTIVE" written on every available surface in permanent marker.

Reply to
Effenpig1

Bet it came from SGI.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I've never dealt with SGI, I take it they have issues

Reply to
Effenpig1

You buy the package just for the keypads?

Reply to
mleuck

Was the box itself sealed?

Reply to
mleuck

Thats why Honeywell started using seal tape. Too many times some one take a product use it not like it repack it bring it back and adi would put it back on shelf with out checking it. Home Depot is famous for this I will never buy another light fixture from them found a whole shelf one time all repacks as there called. another time I caught them selling short of item wire nuts as well. I only use Home depot for last minute items to save running all the wy back to a supply house but I an geting very selective what I buy. I am very careful to look for original seals etc . before I buy something thats every where i go now.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Sometimes when I need an extra keypad I will buy the package for an extra $40. Then I have extra boards, transformers, cans and other components on hand if I need them, like in this situation. I don't buy a kit every time I need a keypad, but I do it often enough to keep my spare parts inventory at a comfortable level. For the few extra bucks it seems like a good idea to me.

Reply to
Effenpig1

The boxes and all the components inside have seal tape, but to be honest I couldn't honestly say whether it was sealed or not. The kit was one that had the keypad pulled from it previously, so it may have been a few weeks since I originally ordered it. I mark the top of the box when I pull a part from it, but I think I'm going to have to pay better attention when orders come in to make sure the box itself is still sealed before we start robbing parts.

Reply to
Effenpig1

I never use those crappy wirenuts that come with fixtures anyway, I always use the Ideal brand wing nuts

Reply to
Effenpig1

Yup, those kit prices are attractive. I do the same thing.

Reply to
alarman

HA, I have no life. I pounded out the installer code only to find there was a dealer code programmed. I gave up for awhile but went back at it and found the dealer code. Installer code was in the mid 3000's and dealer code was in the high 5000's. I need a hobby

Reply to
Effenpig1

Don't feel too bad I've done the same thing to a number of DSC 1550's

Reply to
mleuck

Version 4 and newer?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Yes the backdoor method on the v4's used to freeze up the dialers later so I would bang out a few from the major companies in the area which would then give me access to hundreds of their panels

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.