Fuse Question

The voltage rating on a 5 x 20 fuse is related to its disintegration characteristics during the time the fuse element is burning up. A higher voltage rated fuse element disintegrates faster to prevent arcing while the element is burning up. This is not to be confused with the time it takes for the fuse element to begin destructing which would be designated by slo-blo, fast-blo, time-delay, or other letters.

Bob

Reply to
Robertm
Loading thread data ...

I think I know the answer to this but I wanted to run it past you guys. Is it OK to substitute a 1amp 25volt glass fuse with a 1A 250V fuse of the same size (5x20mm)? It seems to be harder to find exact replacements these days. Thanks, Joe

Reply to
JW

Yes.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Reply to
Warren

That depends on what you were using for the 5 x 20 fuse. For example, A Cooper Bussman GDA series is fast blo, fast breaking; the GDB series is fast acting, low breaking; the GDC is time delay, low breaking. If you're using Littlefuse brand, you have the 216, 217 and 218, each with their own characteristic. If you replace it with a fuse that has a longer delay, you may burn out components. It you replace it with a shorter delay fuse, you may blow fuses when there is no fault in the circuit. A good site is

formatting link
These are available from
formatting link
and other vendors.

Bob

Reply to
Robertm

So I guess I could just convert it to an automotive blade type fuse and be set??? Thanks, Joe

Reply to
JW

ok now this answer is pretty useful

you quoted totally a post just to add yes and your sig line..

at least I posted twice as much more info then you,on a given post and you said it was bad...

and this post was to tell the previous poster that he had done a good job..

your answer here is just a way to post your sig line....me I had no other reason then to give a good job done feeling to a regular here..

that's one of the many reason I am on your back fat ass

"Robert L Ass" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
petem

I answered the question without cutting and parsting a bunch of unnecessary information from the web without attribution (which is what you did). Does that bother you?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

that still prove something..

for you its do as I said not as I do...

"Robert L Ass" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
petem

Indeed. It proves you're an idiot.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I know, I know, it's immature but such FUN, did you catch SarASSota? hahaha

Reply to
mikey

that's better then being a prick.. even a successful one...

"mikey" a écrit dans le message de news: EZKdnVPt36E_SdzenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com...

Reply to
petem

Mikey I like the way you modify his tag line..but you still provide him with his phone number in his tag..

so next time put this phone number.. it will surely help him get some business.... ;-)

941-351-0469

for those who care...

Cheetah Of Sarasota Strip Club 3939 N Washington Blvd I75 S to University Pkwy exit W To 301 S Sarasota, Florida, USA (941) 351-0469

"mikey" a écrit dans le message de news: EZKdnVPt36E_SdzenZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com...

Reply to
petem

no, no, no, leave the number, that's the one thing you don't want picked up by the robots. but I missed something soooooo obvious, here's my second chance, it's perfect now.

Reply to
mikey

We are getting some where.. ;-)

"mikey" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com...

Reply to
petem

That would help folks like you who have no other means of ever getting close to a naked woman.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

LOL look who's talking!!!

I did had to marry someone from a third world country to have a wife!!!

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Reply to
petem

From the ad in the Rio Dispatch (2003):

"Wanted. A wife for a well seasoned, American, "Tom Cruise" look-alike. Are you a young, statuesque, *near sighted*, brunette that speaks English and has some computer skills? Do you have relatives in Bahia with an extra room in their house complete with a high speed internet connection and VOIP service for extended vacations? Do you like the thought of living on the American gulf coast replete with sunny weather and intermittent robust off-shore breezes (bordering on 75 mph)? Well, my name's Robert Bass and I'm waiting for you to phone. Call me between the hours of 10:00 and 5:00 (I frequently answer the phone after those hours too)!!"

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.